San Diego, CA

Looking for mods for my '05 Sport

Are there any mods for my 2005 VX110 Sport? Really couldn't find any thing except for grate and impeller swaps. Are K&N air filters worth it on pwc's. I read somewhere that running them dry on jet skis might be better then spraying them. Kinda makes sense, since a stock air filter that is dirty just at the bottom can alter performance. Anyone actually try this? Is there anything else out there? Any other suggestions are welcome also.

San Diego, CA
    Here's a few pics of the mods I did with everything coming from stuff I already had sitting in my garage. These items were supposed to go on my Mitsubishi Montero project. I only had to purchase the stainless tubing for the exhaust and nuts and bolts for the air filter flange. There was a little more to the intake but I'll have to take it apart and take more pics. I am very pleased with the outcome considering the minimal amount of money spent. For now this is how it looks when I take the seat off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0741.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	274429Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0742.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	274430Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0740.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	274428Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0743.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	274431Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0768.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	274432

Hers a link reference removing the ribbon/flame arrestor from the Air Intake manifold, its located behind the Throttle Body. The Flame Arrestor suppresses air flow in to the manifold massively and by removing it would aid acceleration and so on. I've done lots of reading on the subject and its done a lot in the Yamaha 1.8 L engines and there's a kit available. Haven't seen any topics in relation to removing it from the VX but the principle is the same as removing it from the bigger Yamaha engines. I've had feed back from a lad that removed it from his VX and he said the acceleration was much better and very noticeable he also said he has had no issues. Was also also talking to someone else that rents skis, he went on to say that there should be no issues with the ECU as the Air Flow Meter will automatically sense the increased air flow and regulate it accordingly. I'm going to remove mine tomorrow and see how I get on ! I'm going to try and not damage it while removing it .... PS your Mods look great, its good to see different variations

Thread Information