Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 Rude on 9.5's

+1

3 Rude on 9.5's

Anyone running a 3 Rude on Riva or CP 9.5's?
    I'm currently running the xxx on 9.5's and like it. Had some issues with my header melting things... so I'm building a water jacketed unit.
    Was wanting to hear how much harder the 3 Rude will pull compared to my xxx on an 8800 ecu.
    Please don't argue about which brand you like or which sounds better.
    I'd like to know how much harder it pulls and if it would be worth the change.
    Thanks!

+1
    I think Duke and JP have played with this mix before, maybe they will see this and chime in...

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Anyone running a 3 Rude on Riva or CP 9.5's?
    I'm currently running the xxx on 9.5's and like it. Had some issues with my header melting things... so I'm building a water jacketed unit.
    Was wanting to hear how much harder the 3 Rude will pull compared to my xxx on an 8800 ecu.
    Please don't argue about which brand you like or which sounds better.
    I'd like to know how much harder it pulls and if it would be worth the change.
    Thanks!
    what got melted?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    what got melted?
    Catch can tube, fitting, breather, water line (not completely through), exhaust temp wire, and bilge line (partial).
    Ceramic coat, header wrap, vents, a blower, and heat shields can't control the temps. I popped the seat off after 10 min of riding, with one short wot pull and it was glowing red at the collector and the entrance to the muffler. Noooot good. Oh, and the catch can tubing landed on the collector and caught fire. A couple of splashes and it was out. It pulls like a mule on crack with the stock ecu (the remap didn't take...). I'll have the new jacketed header finished in a month or so, depending on work!

(Had some issues with my header melting things... so I'm building a water jacketed unit.) <-----Wow [/QUOTE]I think you found your problem

Catch can tube, fitting, breather, water line (not completely through), exhaust temp wire, and bilge line (partial).
    Ceramic coat, header wrap, vents, a blower, and heat shields can't control the temps. I popped the seat off after 10 min of riding, with one short wot pull and it was glowing red at the collector and the entrance to the muffler. Noooot good. Oh, and the catch can tubing landed on the collector and caught fire. A couple of splashes and it was out. It pulls like a mule on crack with the stock ecu (the remap didn't take...). I'll have the new jacketed header finished in a month or so, depending on work!
    must be supper hot in there without a "water Jacketed headers" Header wrap won't do the trick. Your problem is where your post is . Re-read your post and tell me what is wrong with this picture RUDE PERFORMANCE makes good Chargers. If you put a RUDE on that thing, I guarantee You will be riding on the New 2013 Webber RXP Hot XXX Grill by George Foreman RUDE SUPERCHARGERS are good. YOU can't Go wrong with it guy who designed it knows his S**T I might have read your post wrong, but are you running that "DRY" ?

Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    I think Duke and JP have played with this mix before, maybe they will see this and chime in...
    BRO, I think He's running it Dry. His baking a "Strombolli"

+1
    not much difference between the two... You may not even notice a difference. Not worth it IMO.

+1
    Yep, it's currently a ss non-jacketed header. The collector is the main problem, as I don't have air flowing over it. The tubes are vented and have a bilge blower running (from a separate power source) across them, and aren't a problem.
    Thanks Ocman, I'll stick with my xxx. I wondered if changing from a 140 to 142 wheel would make a large difference.
    Thanks!

+1
    Yep, it's currently a ss non-jacketed header. The collector is the main problem, as I don't have air flowing over it. The tubes are vented and have a bilge blower running (from a separate power source) across them, and aren't a problem.
    Thanks Ocman, I'll stick with my xxx. I wondered if changing from a 140 to 142 wheel would make a large difference.
    Thanks!

As you found out you cannot run that type of exhaust on our skis...You need to have the exhaust cooled some way,some how or you will burn shit up.....As far as SCers go???The Riva XXX is a cut down 3 Rude charger wheel.It would be equivalent to a Rude 2.5 IF they made them...so to switch chargers???Ya the 142 will move more air BUT I dont think its worth the money for the little bit of gains youll see....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information