Yamaha VX 110 Cruiser w/ mild Fishing Setup

I built this ski last year and ended up selling it at christmas time (couldn't turn down the right price).

Thought i'd share some pictures of the setup for those who are looking to do something similar.

The rear rack was purchased off ebay as a truck hitch cooler and rod holder, then was modified to fit the rear of the ski and easily be removed.. http://stores.ebay.com/Plattinum-Pro...id=p4340.l2563 is the guy that makes the racks, emailed them and got a slightly better deal by having them leave off the truck hitch parts and move the 2 angled rod holder to the other side and pointed them out for trolling.

Humminbird 581 gps/fishfinder was fairly cheap and worked good enough for me as a amateur fisherman. Transducer was mounted inside the hull in a spot next to the rear jetpump tunnel where there is only one layer of hull. i used clear rtv silicon and eyeballed it for level.. it also worked fairly well for being mounted inside the hull

Extra battery was mounted up front in storage and ran the gps

The ski itself is a 2007 Yamaha VX 110 Cruiser and nothing but a great ski.. very reliable, good on fuel..

Thanks for posting these pictures. I am about to begin a very similar project on my 2010 vx deluxe. I built the rack myself out of pvc after looking at several other members creations. I just purchased a Lowrance Mark 4 GPS/fishfinder. I plan on putting the transducer on the transom however so that the temp feature will be funtional.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Did you get the chart plotter version of the Mark 4?

Very nice looking..

Yeah, I got the chart plotting version of the Mark 4. I have it all installed. Worried the wife by drilling holes into the transom, but I have it all sealed up with 3M 5200. I now have to wait and let it all cure before I can take it out and test it.

i did the transom mount on a xlt1200 i first setup, and then did in hull on the vx110 and i got the same quality of readings from both setups.. so if possible (depending on hull) if you can silicone the transducer inside the hull go ahead and try it..

I am looking to set up my VX. do you have any pics of where you mounted the in hull transducer?

Nice setup. Thanks for posting! What brand/size of cooler does your rack fits? Thanks

Thread Information