2006 RXP for sale

951 rebuild help

I had my 951 xpl out for the first break in run on a new motor, water line blew off head and the whole motor overheated pretty bad. Head and base gaskets leak water, water in crankcase. I was wondering, if I got the water out the next morning and filled the case with oil, is it ok? The crank seems fine so I was hoping I could just redo the top end.

Any help appreciated.

If the head and base gaskets now leak water - you need to repair them..

2006 RXP for sale
    Ya theyll be replace with the top end. So you think the crank is ok even after the overheat and water ingestion? It's drained and full of oil now. Seems to spin freely.

+1
    Some times the base gasket been made of paper could brake (happened to me lots of times) and leak. Remember to torque well when finish. If you remove the water from inside and fired up the engine imo there is not too much damage to the internals. Once you fix the leak get to the water so the engine could rise temp and clear any water left on the cases.

My two cents.

the bottom end is not water cooled - so overheating should not be a factor.. If it turns free and you have no broken top end parts in the bottom end - then your fine..

These things ingest water, it's just common - you got to clear the water and get oil in there to displace the water.. Rust is the issue not the water and you seem to have that taken care of..

2006 RXP for sale
    Quote Originally Posted by KYHI View Post
    the bottom end is not water cooled - so overheating should not be a factor.. If it turns free and you have no broken top end parts in the bottom end - then your fine..

These things ingest water, it's just common - you got to clear the water and get oil in there to displace the water.. Rust is the issue not the water and you seem to have that taken care of..
    Thanks that's what I was hoping to hear. I was thinking about sending the top to FullBore for te rebuild, anyone have experience with them?

Thread Information