Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009 Kawasaki STX 15F not pissing for cooling both skis

Hello,

I have 4 2007 Kawasaki STX 15f PWC's that only have about 3 hours on them. Been sitting i storage for a while now and 2 of them are over heating. I don't see any water coming out of the pisser. The pisser on the front starboard side is not clogged. It also alarms because it's not cooling. Can any one HELP PLEASE?

Thank you

SORRY I MENT TO SAY 2007
    Last edited by jdmctr; 05-22-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Put wrong year in title

How did you determine that the side pisser plumbing/tube is not clogged?
    Not pissing & overheating when riding or when running on garden hose?

SORRY I ment to write 2007

i took the little hose that runs from the pisser to the exhaust manifold and blew air through it. when riding it does not piss on one ski and the other it came out a few times then stopped. It also steams out of the pisser when it runs for a while without water coming out of it. When hooked up to the hose it does not piss.

+1
    Start from the pump strainer and work your way up. Something must have got sucked up the last time you rode.

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Start from the pump strainer and work your way up. Something must have got sucked up the last time you rode.
    Kind of weird for both skis to do this.

+1
    Is there water in hull? Do you ride in salt water? you may have some corrosion in the pump screen area or a leak that not enough water is going through the motor, check the connection near the engine to pump coupling, mine had no clamp on it. The easiest way is to hook up the garden hose flush fitting under the hood, remove seat, start motor & turn the water on & look for a leak, you can also flush out the pump screen with this method. make sure to turn the water off first, then stop the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    Is there water in hull? Do you ride in salt water? you may have some corrosion in the pump screen area or a leak that not enough water is going through the motor, check the connection near the engine to pump coupling, mine had no clamp on it. The easiest way is to hook up the garden hose flush fitting under the hood, remove seat, start motor & turn the water on & look for a leak, you can also flush out the pump screen with this method. make sure to turn the water off first, then stop the engine.
    I will try that in a few hours. Salt water only. There is a little water in the hull.

When you run the engine with garden hose attached, is any water coming out from jet pump area, rear of the ski?
    If it does, your cooling system is not completely clogged. Also, it means the clogging is somewhere downstream from the pump.
    Before you disassembly anything, blow some compressed air into the brass fitting that side pisser tube (remove the tube first, of course) is attached at the exh manifold.
    Also, remove the cooling hose from the brass elbow fitting at the 11 o'clock position of mid-section of the 4-1 collector pepe, and blow compressed air into the fitting AND into the hose that goes to he rear end (stator cover) of the engine.
    Always, do easy things first...

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    When you run the engine with garden hose attached, is any water coming out from jet pump area, rear of the ski?
    If it does, your cooling system is not completely clogged. Also, it means the clogging is somewhere downstream from the pump.
    Before you disassembly anything, blow some compressed air into the brass fitting that side pisser tube (remove the tube first, of course) is attached at the exh manifold.
    Also, remove the cooling hose from the brass elbow fitting at the 11 o'clock position of mid-section of the 4-1 collector pepe, and blow compressed air into the fitting AND into the hose that goes to he rear end (stator cover) of the engine.
    Always, do easy things first...
    I will try that also. I don't remember if the water came out of the jet pump. I'll have to try again.

I just did the hose clean out. Hooked the hose up for water and ran it. It started pissing and water came out of the pump area. Does this mean if I put the ski in the water it will be fine?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information