Hi From A Newbie......plus a newbie question.

Hi All

I'm in the market for a ski, and have three on my list, one of the ski's on the list is the Ultra 300x.

Apart from the obvious seat and GPS dock, what else is there between the 300x and 300xl ???

Excellent forum, love the chat, advice and some of the banter....lol

regards
    Gary

That's about it and the LX (not xl) costs about $500 more.
    And for 2012, 300X comes in two colors, Candy Lime Green & Metallic Surf Blue.
    300LX comes only in one color, Metallic Stardust White.

soz your right LX not XL.

Well thanks for the reply, seems a bit silly to have two models so closely matched, surely would have been easier to have the GPS mount and the seat as options.

I like the seat on the LX but would want an Ultra 300 in black and green, but I can't have both........

Oh well.

Gary

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz From Brum View Post
    soz your right LX not XL.

Well thanks for the reply, seems a bit silly to have two models so closely matched, surely would have been easier to have the GPS mount and the seat as options.

I like the seat on the LX but would want an Ultra 300 in black and green, but I can't have both........

Oh well.

Gary
    Just change the seat

Can't do that, the LX seat does not come in Green to match the stock seats colour scheme, shame really cuz it would have looked cool.

Gary

Yep, that's a tough choice.
    If you ride standing up or ride solo a lot, you may eventually like the 300X seats. And just wait for LX seats on eBay.

Banned User
    +1
    Can't do that, the LX seat does not come in Green to match the stock seats colour scheme, shame really cuz it would have looked cool.

Gary
    Just get. Hydro turf seat cover problem solved

I guess I'm being a bit picky....... just think that green/black colour scheme is awesome.

Gary

I guess I'm being a bit picky....... just think that green/black colour scheme is awesome.

Gary
    Its certainly possible to get what you want, just may cost a bit extra. Worse case, get a set of LX seats and take them to an uphostery shop and get then rewrapped in any color you want. The seat covers would be a cheaper option probably but in my opinion, getting them rewrapped would be best way to fix the problem. Custom is always better

I chose the LX over the X model simply because I am a more casual rider and my wife and little girl will also spend alot of time with me on the ski. The LX seats just make me feel a bit safer with the little one behind me, more to keep her in the seat, not that I drive aggressively when she is with me anyway. I have only had my ski for a short time but I have been very impressed how comfortable the LX seats are. Even under hard acceleration, there is absolutely no force on my arms, High seat keeps my ass in one spot, no slippage of any kind.

I like the maroon and silver color pattern on the 2011 but would have preferred maroon and black with no silver. Certainly not unhappy about the color though, looks sharp.

Interesting story, when I went in to check out the skis, the dealer had a green and black X sitting on a trailer with the LX I bought. The wash boys had gotten the seats mixed up with the LX seats on the X ski and vice versa, to be honest, other then knowing that they were on the wrong model, they did not look bad at all on the green ski.

Thread Information