Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anyone use Nitto tires?

I`m gonna need some meats for the Xterra soon... live down the shore, so it`s sandy, mud gravel you name it, but going to work it`s highway. we use this rig for towing the not so running ski around, and a decent tire is a must for the boat ramps... I`ve given a look at alot of tires, BFG, GdYr, Coop, toyo, Mastercraft etc... maybe going from 17`s leaving the stock set up assembled to "Plus One" with 285/60R/18 with a 9" rim...
    the tire in question is Nitto terra grappler AT, a little taller a little wider...PR...
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...d=009897&ar=60

My cousin went through 10 sets of nitto 555r's on his SS he said there wasnt any other tire that grabbed like nitto's. I think they have awesome tires if they didnt Ferrari wouldnt use them. I dont know if this helps with the off road tires dept but just thought i throw it out there.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    PR i would go with those they last for ever i know tons of ppl that run those o and good choice getting rid of the 17's

I have to agree. I use Nitto 555DRs for racing. They have a ton of grip. 4WD burnouts are fun with them. I have a set of full slicks which I want to try, I need a 1.4 60ft.

Quote Originally Posted by superduty View Post
    PR i would go with those they last for ever i know tons of ppl that run those o and good choice getting rid of the 17's
    yeah? tell me why it is good to get rid of the 17`s??? I`m not to savy on the larger wheel/tire gig...PR...

Here`s the set-up I was looking at:http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...d=009897&rd=18
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-20-2007 at 10:02 PM.

+1
    no i didnt see what mb motoring's you were lookin at butin tires a even number is gonna be cheaper than an odd number my dads good friends with the manager at a dicount - and he told me that but all you have to do is look and you will see, but never stopped me from runnin 17's on my old blazer it looked too good- and i another good tire you might wanna look at is the yokohama AVS S/T i had em and there nice

+1
    those look good

I checked out the yoko`s, still wanted something a little more aggressive. I used to run Kelly springfield MT`s on my 01 Vitara with the calmini susp kit, they were an awesome tire for such a light weight MPV
    I`m sorry I got rid of this truck, shortly after I finished it, (isn`t that usually how it goes ) I switched construction sites, far from home and the little vitara was a handfull on the parkway...
    here`s a pic, oh the memories!...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-25-2007 at 11:52 AM.

+1
    sweet yea i took those avs's muddin in a 2wd and they never got stuck , and handle excllent in the rain but the nittos are good too

+1
    Ive only used Nitto's on my Stang.If you want a great tire,go buy a set of Toyo's.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information