Need Help With A Water Leak

2001 GPR, all the required mods-Wave Eaters, D-plate, pump tunnel reinforce etc. Pro Tec Rec Head, VF3's, FA's, Island Racing Rejet, Jim Plate and Tabs etc.
    Been chasing a water leak for over two years now. I was thinkin it was an exhaust leak as there is residue all over under the seat. It seemed to have started after installing a Jet Woks holeshot kit. So I was thinkin that was the culprit. This season I removed the Jet Works mod and headed to the lake with my fingers crossed. After a three mile ride had just as much water in the hull as before. Rode with the seat off, could see no leaks anywhere from the exhaust. Did notice that there was water spraying around near the intermediate shaft. I then remembered and event from several years ago, sorry memory not as good as it used to be, one time when I was reinstalling the drive shaft/jet pump it wouldn't go on easily so I used the four bolts to draw it tight. I know-stupid-live and learn.
    So I guess the qustion is-what would drawing the drive shaft into the intermediate shaft in such a manner do to the bearings/seals. Could this be one of my leaks? I'm thinkin that I've got more than one leak since that doesn't explain the exhaust residue. I remember seeing a post one time from Billy that he had a leak one time at his intermediate shaft. I searched for hours and couldn't find the post. And lastly if that is one of my problems, how do I get it out. From the posts I've read I need to loosen the motor mount and slide the motor forward. If that's the case how the heck do you do that?
    Thanks for any input. This has been drivin me crazy for a while now.

+1
    have you tried filling bottom of ski with water on trailer? (up to thru hull)

+1
    If the reason the drive shaft would not go in easy was because the splines were not aligned, or there was a burr, debris on the splines, then you may have forced the whole intermediate shaft(and bearings/seals) forward enough to damage the bearing mount/seal, or worse case crack the intermediate assembly or wall it is connected to. I would also look closely at the jetworks fittings on the exhaust pipe, there may be a crack in the water jacket where you drilled the jetworks fittings in. They would leak even if you plugged the holes.
    Of course you have already checked the rubber boot between the exhaust pipe and water box for a good clean and tight seal?

The boot is good and tight between the stinger and the water box.
    I plugged the two drilled holes in the stinger, from the jetworks mod removal, with the proper fittings with pipe dope tape.
    I'm guessin the splines weren't aligned when I drew the driveshaft in with the bolts.
    I'm gonna assume I've got a leak at the intermediate shaft/bearing housing.
    What all needs to come off the motor to get the intermediate shaft out? Seems to me I read just the stinger and take out the motor mounts and move the motor forward.
    How do I do that? Crowbar? Winch?
    Help!

+1
    You can just muscle the motor forward, but if you go so far as it slides off the front edge of the mount, you will need "extra" muscle to lift it back up. An engine hoist or tree/chain, whatever to lift some weight off the engine will help things immensely. Not sure, but you should have enough room up front to slide it forward since the air cleaner isn't on the front of the engine.

had same problem few years ago; went so far as to rebuild mid shaft also...reinstall, still had water intrusion-wtf? turned out to be check valve problem in suction bilge hose...just saying...a lot easier to verify.

Got no factory bilge pump. Removed for "stealth" jet works kit. Electric bilge pump.
    Still need help on how to remove intermediate shaft.

Thread Information