Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Performance drop 2011 ultra 300x

Hey all. First time I have posted....probably as I just picked up my first Jet Ski ever so now I have a reason! Taking it in today for its 10 hour service. However, last few times out on the water, I have noticed a drop in performance. Seems I have lost some boost pressure, or soemthing. Can not get the ski to top 58 MPh. Used to peg out on the boost guage at the top first 3 times out...now it drops 2 bars on the guage. Not sure if that is an indication or not. Any thoughts?

+1
    Welcome to the forum. First of all is that on the dash or on a GPS? Can you get a video of it doing this so we can better know exactly what is going on. If you are only down 2 bars on the boost guage your speed should be much higher than 58. The boost is directly relative to the RPMs of the engine so turning those RPMs you shoule be faster. Can you say what RPMs you were running? This is important to know what is going on. You very well could have sucked something up.

Banned User
    +1
    X2 on the above. Also check all your hose clamps. Rpm and gps will greatly improve diagnosing the problem as mentioned above.

I wish I would have checked the RPM the other day before callign it a day. Not sure what it is turning for RPM. I guess if I did suck somthing up they should finid it on the serive. Def can not get the ski past 59 though, and I would assume somthing has to be wrong. I should have the ski back this weekend so I will try and note the RPM and see if the on dash guage changes the read out.

+1
    Make sure the ski did not get put into eco mode or have the SLO key in. Be sure to check RPMs and would help us better if you used a GPS for the correct speed. double check all the hose clamps as Fire stated. Just like any rubber, after use it will compress and could allow some boost lost.

They may not find anything unless it is obvious. No telling how in depth the dealership is with this servicing. If you still have this problem after the servicing just get this info and any other you may feel important and we will get you going.

Thanks. Very greatfull for the help! I will pick up a GPS this weekend. Suggestions on which one?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by newaaman View Post
    Thanks. Very greatfull for the help! I will pick up a GPS this weekend. Suggestions on which one?
    Gps map 76 0r 76csx. Also the 72h is good all Therese float as well. All Garmin units

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Gps map 76 0r 76csx. Also the 72h is good all Therese float as well. All Garmin units
    +1
    I use the 60 csx but any of the garmins are great and I like the mapping

Quote Originally Posted by newaaman View Post
    Taking it in today for its 10 hour service.
    Which dealer would be working on your ski?

Just dropped it off to PCP motorsports in Sacramento, CA. Gave them a run down of everything so we will see what comes of it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information