Question 2001 polaris virage stator?

Hey all,
    Ive been reading every post semi relating to my question and was never satisfied so i made an account so i could ask. My in-laws gave me a 2001 polaris virage in exchange for some yard work. my brother in-law had taken the ski out and the only that was wrong was it needed a new battery. he didnt want to pay the $80 for a new one and insisted on jumping it with is truck.... long story i was given the ski and found the stator was out of it. i put the stator back in and it cranks over but wont fire up. I noticed the electrical box had been messed with as well. Would the stator cause the ski not to fire? also if it is the stator does anyone know where or what i need to repair it myself. i havnt checked if it isnt getting a spark but im suspecting because i poured some fuel in the card and still got nothing.
    much appreciated for any and all help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wethead View Post
    Hey all,
    Ive been reading every post semi relating to my question and was never satisfied so i made an account so i could ask. My in-laws gave me a 2001 polaris virage in exchange for some yard work. my brother in-law had taken the ski out and the only that was wrong was it needed a new battery. he didnt want to pay the $80 for a new one and insisted on jumping it with is truck.... long story i was given the ski and found the stator was out of it. i put the stator back in and it cranks over but wont fire up. I noticed the electrical box had been messed with as well. Would the stator cause the ski not to fire? also if it is the stator does anyone know where or what i need to repair it myself. i havnt checked if it isnt getting a spark but im suspecting because i poured some fuel in the card and still got nothing.
    much appreciated for any and all help.
    Welcome to the Hulk!!!!

The stator is needed as is a strong battery. You can test the stator with a multimeter to find out if it is within spec or not. If not, you can get a replacement on ebay. Check out partsland.com for diagrams relating to the parts on your ski and here http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/ For everything about your ski........

Great link thanks. What all could go wrong from jumping the ski off with a car battery?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wethead View Post
    Great link thanks. What all could go wrong from jumping the ski off with a car battery?
    I guess there have been reports of damaged CDIs from jumping.... Don't know for sure, but I try to stay away from it.....

Ok so I have a new question. Using my multimeter I started through the electrical box wire to wire checking for issues and found a 1/4 amp fuse... It had been replaced with a 10amp fuse. What problems can this create?

+1
    Needs to be 1/4 amp. This fuse is (usually) for the MFD, if the wiring wasn't changed. Fuses are sized as small as possible without the current draw from the device causing it to blow. A 10 amp fuse will allow quicker and far worse damage to the MFD should a short circuit occur. Replace it with a 1/4 amp. If a 1/4 amp fuse blows, there are other problems that need to be corrected.......

I replaced with a 1/4 amp. Still no spark

Thread Information