2010 gtx ltd fault code

Hi all new to forum i was out riding and engine cut out i tried to start but nothing came home to deck off and used candoo pro to detect fault came up with p0340 cam sensor signal pulled the sensor out tried one from another ski that i know works reset fault codes still comes up 1 long beep check engine and same fault code anybody have any thoughts to what is going on

Welcome to Greenhulk!

The cam sensor has three wires leading to it. One wire (orange with green stripe) comes from the fuse box, and feeds 12 volts to the sensor. One wire (black/green) comes from the ECU, and is at ground level. The third wire (yellow/green) is the cam signal, and swings from near ground to about 5 volts, depending on the relation to the sensor trigger on the cam.

The most likely reason for your problem is a blown 3 amp fuse that feeds the cam sensor. Check that first. If it is blown, you should find the reason it blew (usually bad cam sensor). If not blown, check to see that you have 12 V at the orange/green wire.

If you have 12 v at that wire, next is to check continuity between the connector pins of the cam sensor connector and the ECU. Report back if you can't figure it out from this info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    Welcome to Greenhulk!

The cam sensor has three wires leading to it. One wire (orange with green stripe) comes from the fuse box, and feeds 12 volts to the sensor. One wire (black/green) comes from the ECU, and is at ground level. The third wire (yellow/green) is the cam signal, and swings from near ground to about 5 volts, depending on the relation to the sensor trigger on the cam.

The most likely reason for your problem is a blown 3 amp fuse that feeds the cam sensor. Check that first. If it is blown, you should find the reason it blew (usually bad cam sensor). If not blown, check to see that you have 12 V at the orange/green wire.

If you have 12 v at that wire, next is to check continuity between the connector pins of the cam sensor connector and the ECU. Report back if you can't figure it out from this info.
    Thanks for the info i will check these out and come back to you regards Gary

Thread Information