Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

massive engine noise after new supercharger clutch fitted

the misses went and picked up the ski(fzs) after it had a new clutch fitted,i got home from work put it away ,started it in the garage ,let i idle for a bit then gave it a few light revs let i come back to idle then a massive rattleing noise coming from the engine,i shut it straight down,the only thing different was the clutch so i pulled the air in take off,guess wat i spins both ways!!!!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by billy's gpr View Post
    the misses went and picked up the ski(fzs) after it had a new clutch fitted,i got home from work put it away ,started it in the garage ,let i idle for a bit then gave it a few light revs let i come back to idle then a massive rattleing noise coming from the engine,i shut it straight down,the only thing different was the clutch so i pulled the air in take off,guess wat i spins both ways!!!!
    not good if you heard a lot of noise, hopefully the teeth on the gears did not break or broke a supercharger shaft.

+1
    it was fitted by a dealer ship in sydney,maybe lasted 30 seconds,sounded like something rattling around in the gears..............

bring it right back, was the wheel spinning both ways smooth or rough? and how many hours? Why was it taken in a first just for a new clutch? Stock or modified? Thanks

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I wonder if your clutch may be from that early batch of problematic 2011 clutches.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I wonder if your clutch may be from that early batch of problematic 2011 clutches.
    +1 if it is its going to be a costly repair for the dealer as he will need to remove the engine and clean the sump out.

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...79#post1937579
    the clutch crapped itself,yamaha australia supplied the parts,i just payed the labour,the 2011 clutch design was fitted

it went back today,the misses took it i had to work,they have pulled it apart it looks like the nut on the blower has came loose,rattle round in the gears/miss aligned the gear mesh,its eaten the gears ,its a mess...........i havent seen it just talked on the phone ,the end result is a brand new supercharger,motor out clean the sump,gaskets oil and filter the lot,big $$$, yamaha australia is fitting the bill......................once again a big thanks to yamaha australia

Quote Originally Posted by billy's gpr View Post
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...79#post1937579
    the clutch crapped itself,yamaha australia supplied the parts,i just payed the labour,the 2011 clutch design was fitted

it went back today,the misses took it i had to work,they have pulled it apart it looks like the nut on the blower has came loose,rattle round in the gears/miss aligned the gear mesh,its eaten the gears ,its a mess...........i havent seen it just talked on the phone ,the end result is a brand new supercharger,motor out clean the sump,gaskets oil and filter the lot,big $$$, yamaha australia is fitting the bill......................once again a big thanks to yamaha australia
    I have often wondered about the nut on the SC wheel. Am I correct that if it loosens up, the SC shaft can slide back and cause the gear to misalign?

It will move a little, I think the worst thing is t bouncing around on SC wheel and wheel coming in contact with houseing. I didnt think it would move enough to cause gear damage. Use red lock tite and make sure its cured and tourqe to correct in/lb's!!!

+1
    That is a massive mistake by the dealer,which shop was it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information