Need to install new head

To any Mechanics out there.When i had my 07 Kawasaki ultra 250 winterized the idiots cross threaded one of my spark plugs and caused the spark plug to split in two.The bottom part of the plug is still screwed into the head.Since the threads on the head are cross threaded im thinking the head has to be replaced,witch means the motor has to be taking out,witch means lots of money .Can anyone help?

Not a mechanic but you came to the rite place!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico1018 View Post
    To any Mechanics out there.When i had my 07 Kawasaki ultra 250 winterized the idiots cross threaded one of my spark plugs and caused the spark plug to split in two.The bottom part of the plug is still screwed into the head.Since the threads on the head are cross threaded im thinking the head has to be replaced,witch means the motor has to be taking out,witch means lots of money .Can anyone help?
    Head can come of with motor in ski and taken to machine shop to have the thread fixed. There is also a chance of getting the plug out with out removing the head. Gotta ask if the shop did the damage why are u not making them pay for it or fix it ?

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Head can come of with motor in ski and taken to machine shop to have the thread fixed. There is also a chance of getting the plug out with out removing the head. Gotta ask if the shop did the damage why are u not making them pay for it or fix it ?
    ^ He had somebody off craigslist come to his house and winterize the ski, when he tried to contact him to inform him about the problem all his contact information was gone.

they don't exist anymore.i should have just did it myself

thanks for the info though

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    +1 The head will come out with motor in the hull, it is time consuming but not hard to do..Where are you located at? Maybe there is a member close to you willing to help out for a lot less than dealer would charge ..

+1

This will work

Quote Originally Posted by Rico1018 View Post

I have had the same problem with a motorcycle if you can get the busted plug out it can be fixed W/O removing the head using a helicoil

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...repair/4212608

Like others said, the cyl head can be easily repaired. You don't need a new one like your title is saying.
    Start calling around a few shops and see what they say and how much it would cost if you are not up to do it.

Thread Information