Thread: New To PWC's

New To PWC's

Just wanted to say hello, and get my first post out of the way. I'm new to the PWC thing, but my wife insisted, so here I am. My background is inboard ski boats, so this is a stretch for me to say the least. One question I have is to do with the proper oil to use. I bought her a '99 Tigershark TSR770, and I'm thinking that Amsoil Interceptor would be a good choice, but want to be sure before I start using it. I have no clue what the PO was using in it, but figure I'd drain what's in it and start fresh. The ski runs great by the way, and appears to be "unmolested". It was adult owned, and still looks like a new one. Only thing it needed was a latch for the hood, which I got from the local Arctic Cat dealer here.

B

+1
    The Amsoil is great oil. I used to run it in my TS1100R. Man I miss that ski. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the advice and the welcome. I went with my original thought, Amsoil Interceptor and used the ski all weekend. That little thing screams! Lotsa fun, left my Ski Centurion right on the trailer and never launched it...too much fun!

B

+1
    That's too funny. These things are a blast. Now I just hope you don't get the speed bug. LOL.

+1
    Sharks are great skis, one of my favorite all time play skis was my daytona 1000. Bought it new in 99 and sold it a few years ago with no telling how many hundreds of hours on it. Ive had a lot of Ts skis(ex dealer) and love them-very reliable, just gave my 99tsr770 to one of my sons last year-very wet riding hull but handles well.

+1
    This one was my favourite. My wife still has her 94 Monte Carlo. She will never part with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tigershark.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	273794

There's a '96 900cc triple for sale here locally with a seized engine. Perfect hull, upholstery is intact, and a like new 1 place trailer. Guy wants $700 with trailer & cover. Been for sale a while, and I think he'd take $500. Looking at parts on Fleabay now, but not knowing what's really wrong with it, it's hard to estimate a cost to repair. Guy said he thinks the oil pump gave out, so probably at least a top end. I'm thinking it would be a nice winter project I could sell next spring, but a Tiger that old is only worth about so much...decisions!

B

Thread Information