+1

Fizzle IC install problems

Enforcer and I are trying to install the Fizzle IC kit on my 2009 FZS and are having fitment issues. Did anyone else have problems with their kit and getting it to install properly?? We all know the instructions are cryptic at best, but we have literally tried everything to get this thing to fit and it isn't working.

First we followed the directions and tried to mount the IC with the bracket on top of the mount on the intercooler.... that hits the hull... so we contacted James and he said "I'm not sure what's up with the fitment. Some people put the bracket one way, some people have to put it upside down" I don't see how that is possible if all of the kits are made the same, but whatever... so we then flipped the bracket over and tried to mount it below the mount on the intercooler... nope... now it hits the manifold. I'm guessing the mount on the IC wasn't welded in the correct place or something. Has anyone else had these issues? Any suggestions? I know James would help out if he could but he knows next to nothing about Yamahas (his words not mine). We are both trying to get our skis ready in time for Mudbug (his Fizzle install was supposed to be next) and this isn't helping things!

+1
    Just so everyone knows James (Jfizzle) has already offered to send out another IC to replace this one, we just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything WE were doing wrong!

+1
    The rectangular bar mount with the angle machined in it might be facing the wrong way. Email me some pictures please.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Just so everyone knows James (Jfizzle) has already offered to send out another IC to replace this one, we just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything WE were doing wrong!
    sounds like bracket backwards.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    sounds like bracket backwards.
    All is fine thanks for your help Jim.Yyou are correct the bracket was backwards. Just so everyone knows the kit is fine but the instructions are just a bit lacking on the detail side but no problem once I got the help and figured it out all was good. Oh by the way if anyone has any questions or needs help on the install p.m. me i"ll help anyone out! Jim once again thank you for your gracious help and as always you are a good source and friend!!!! Thanks BRO !!!

+1
    Thanks everyone for all the help!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    All is fine thanks for your help Jim.Yyou are correct the bracket was backwards. Just so everyone knows the kit is fine but the instructions are just a bit lacking on the detail side but no problem once I got the help and figured it out all was good. Oh by the way if anyone has any questions or needs help on the install p.m. me i"ll help anyone out! Jim once again thank you for your gracious help and as always you are a good source and friend!!!! Thanks BRO !!!
    Anytime what ever help you need feel free to give me a ring.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Anytime what ever help you need feel free to give me a ring.
    Can you make this POS type 14 I've cobbled together fit? jk jk...Sorta... THe money I saved fab'ing and welding it all up myself, ain't worth the headaches and beer I've drank, and the words my neighbors have heard me curse...

Note to everyone, just buy the damn Fizzle, cuz it ain't worth doing it yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    Note to everyone, just buy the damn Fizzle, cuz it ain't worth doing it yourself!!
    Soooo glad I did!!

Thread Information