Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

R&D Rideplate 300x YES YES YES

Well, special thanks to the usual contributors on here, like fire0021 and lasportsmn just to name a few. Spot on with your recommendations!
    The 300x has the following....
    Scom
    PPK
    Block Off
    Riva Waterbox
    Riva Freeflow
    R&D plate
    Solas 14/21
    Ski has 3 hours on her now.

The R&D rideplate fully eliminated the chaotic balance and squirmy issue that was plagued from new on this 300 hull. Very stable and loves the chop now. Pretty much like being on the 260x again but with plenty more pop. I do not have any gps numbers yet, but I can tell you this, from a dead stop with me laying on the handlebars and I weigh 250lbs, trim in neutral, under full throttle the nose leaps out of the water and I have to back off the gas a tad and then get right on it. WOW!!!!!!! Although again I have no gps to post topspeed numbers I can actually say its a rare welcome to actually be able to notic a considerable difference on top end. No doubt these mods from the scom, solas prop, and rideplate have made an incredible difference. God help the uneducated lad who comes near me with a brand new stock 300x now. lol.

1 question though... My dreamometer is only hitting like 40 mph now. Is this normal or any1 else experience this with the addtion of rideplate?

Banned User
    +1
    Glad your happy with the results. Since R&d made the mounting of the wheel higher it's now not accurate completely normal. That's my only complaint with the plate. It's basicly a built in washer mod.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Glad your happy with the results. Since R&d made the mounting of the wheel higher it's now not accurate completely normal. That's my only complaint with the plate. It's basicly a built in washer mod.
    +1 the mounting of the wheel is the only downside .. To the OP I have an R&D intake grate for sale if you are interested it's listed in the Kawi classified , that will be a great combo to have

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkzeus View Post
    Well, special thanks to the usual contributors on here, like fire0021 and lasportsmn just to name a few. Spot on with your recommendations!
    The 300x has the following....
    Scom
    PPK
    Block Off
    Riva Waterbox
    Riva Freeflow
    R&D plate
    Solas 14/21
    Ski has 3 hours on her now.

The R&D rideplate fully eliminated the chaotic balance and squirmy issue that was plagued from new on this 300 hull. Very stable and loves the chop now. Pretty much like being on the 260x again but with plenty more pop. I do not have any gps numbers yet, but I can tell you this, from a dead stop with me laying on the handlebars and I weigh 250lbs, trim in neutral, under full throttle the nose leaps out of the water and I have to back off the gas a tad and then get right on it. WOW!!!!!!! Although again I have no gps to post topspeed numbers I can actually say its a rare welcome to actually be able to notic a considerable difference on top end. No doubt these mods from the scom, solas prop, and rideplate have made an incredible difference. God help the uneducated lad who comes near me with a brand new stock 300x now. lol.

1 question though... My dreamometer is only hitting like 40 mph now. Is this normal or any1 else experience this with the addtion of rideplate?
    I am very glad you are happy with your ski. This is what the forum is abut.
    As far as your speedometer heck who cares what it says when you are in front.
    You may want to take Sal up on that Grate. That completes the perfect combo. The reason he is selling it is the same why I keep my stock grate handy. They are drag racing and I am CC racing. The stock one is better for that but does scrub top speed so for your purpost I highly recommend the R&D grate. I use that combo for everything excepy my CC race. I put the R&D back on for my endurance races.

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    We'll have to fix your lack of gps numbers this weekend along with our friendly grudge match

Man, I want this plate so bad. My plate has been on backorder for months, anybody order one recently?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OC_JAX View Post
    Man, I want this plate so bad. My plate has been on backorder for months, anybody order one recently?
    That's messed up same shit when they first came out. I like the product but R&D customer support sure lacks at times. Hope u get it soon. I'll check one place for u today.

Oh and I went to town with the grinder and fixed the speedo issue as well

+1
    That's messed up same shit when they first came out. I like the product but R&D customer support sure lacks at times. Hope u get it soon. I'll check one place for u today.

How much you had to take off to get it corrected? I was thinking about doing the same when I got home.

Nice, thank you sir.

I want my speedo to work too, I'll have to see what you have done.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    How much you had to take off to get it corrected? I was thinking about doing the same when I got home.
    It's a bit probably 20-30 mills . There's plenty of room on one side. But on the other i did not want to grind to far so I ground the plate as well as the body of the wheel down some it takes a combination of the two but easy to do as well. You just need to grind until the body fits flush with the bottom of the plate. I think it's really stupid R&d made the plate that way but is what it is. I did mine because I don't like things not working correctly especially for stupid reasons lol. If you do grind the body and went. Back to a stock plate it will just take shimming it up to get it flush not a big deal ether way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information