Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Fast-XPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    793
    +1
    20

    Question SC Install (easy way?)

    Let me start by saying I don't remember fighting to get the SC back in when I installed the Riva Impeller a few years ago but with the new washers and ceramic bearings, me and the RXP had a knock down this evening

    I couldn't get the SC back in wiggling with applied pressure. I ended up digging up 3 longer bolts and tightening each one a couple of turns at a time. Took almost 3 hours to get the RXP back together. I think the Riva air intake and the RR exhaust may have been causing problems, not much room to maneuver and zero room to tap with a small rubber mallet.

    I've still got the GTX SC to install so if anyone has a tip on SC installation, I could sure use a hint or two.


  2. #2
    daverxp4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    montreal,canada
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast-XPL View Post
    Let me start by saying I don't remember fighting to get the SC back in when I installed the Riva Impeller a few years ago but with the new washers and ceramic bearings, me and the RXP had a knock down this evening

    I couldn't get the SC back in wiggling with applied pressure. I ended up digging up 3 longer bolts and tightening each one a couple of turns at a time. Took almost 3 hours to get the RXP back together. I think the Riva air intake and the RR exhaust may have been causing problems, not much room to maneuver and zero room to tap with a small rubber mallet.

    I've still got the GTX SC to install so if anyone has a tip on SC installation, I could sure use a hint or two.
    what do you mean RR exaust and riva air intake may have been causing problems? i have that exact set up also doing the rest of mods soon too SC would like to know also before i go thru this.
    thank you

  3. #3
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    are those fresh or used o-rings that are on the supercharger housing back housing? ... with new o-rings it's a biotch to get back in there...

    take a little paint brush and smear grease all over the backhousing of the supercharger that slides into the PTO.. put a little on your finger and smear it inside the PTO housing hole...

    slide the SC in there in a twisting motion...

    have your finger in the SC spinning the impeller so you can feel when the teeth are lined up properly, and then send her home

    the o-rings and the gears should be the only thing that hold it up from going in all the way sometimes and put up a fight... lube it up

  4. #4
    Fast-XPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    793
    +1
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    are those fresh or used o-rings that are on the supercharger housing back housing? ... with new o-rings it's a biotch to get back in there...

    take a little paint brush and smear grease all over the backhousing of the supercharger that slides into the PTO.. put a little on your finger and smear it inside the PTO housing hole...

    slide the SC in there in a twisting motion...

    have your finger in the SC spinning the impeller so you can feel when the teeth are lined up properly, and then send her home

    the o-rings and the gears should be the only thing that hold it up from going in all the way sometimes and put up a fight... lube it up
    Shib - I should have said I lubed the crap out of it. I don't know if the O-Rings are new, I had Jerry do his magic. I hope the GTX will be easier to do. Considering all the room in there, I'm hoping it will. Thanks for the heads up on with the new O-Ring thing. I'll use more patience and less 4 letter words.

    Dave - I didn't have any issues when I installed the SC Impeller a few years ago. I do remember the front screws on the air intake being a SOB, so I didn't want to take the pipe off. I also remember laying on my RXP to get the rear hose clamps tightened on the RR exhaust so I really didn't want to remove it too. Removing those would have made plenty of room to work. When you do yours, keep in mind the Riva air was the bigger issue between the two. If you remove that pipe, it will cause a lot less interference.

  5. #5
    daverxp4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    montreal,canada
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast-XPL View Post
    Shib - I should have said I lubed the crap out of it. I don't know if the O-Rings are new, I had Jerry do his magic. I hope the GTX will be easier to do. Considering all the room in there, I'm hoping it will. Thanks for the heads up on with the new O-Ring thing. I'll use more patience and less 4 letter words.

    Dave - I didn't have any issues when I installed the SC Impeller a few years ago. I do remember the front screws on the air intake being a SOB, so I didn't want to take the pipe off. I also remember laying on my RXP to get the rear hose clamps tightened on the RR exhaust so I really didn't want to remove it too. Removing those would have made plenty of room to work. When you do yours, keep in mind the Riva air was the bigger issue between the two. If you remove that pipe, it will cause a lot less interference.
    yes those 2 screws were difficult to put on i would rather not touch them also but if need be i will just unscrew them and put some zip ties as per jerry has recomended in the past.
    as for the RR pipe my tech and i will have to figure it out.
    thank you fast xpl for the heads up

  6. #6
    This anti-seize greese lube whatever on the SC shaft around the o-rings...any limitations on what brand .ect to use or not to use?

    curious.

  7. #7
    Fast-XPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    793
    +1
    20
    I didn't look at the manual to see what was recommended. I used the white Seadoo drive shaft lube.

  8. #8
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    This anti-seize greese lube whatever on the SC shaft around the o-rings...any limitations on what brand .ect to use or not to use?

    curious.
    I dont think so i remember Gh telling me you can use grease or anti seize. But i would go to a pep boys or something and get a can of Anti seize because its more heat resistant and Its good to have around.

  9. #9
    HOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    4,759
    +1
    29
    I use marine grease. Blue-green in color. Great against salt corrosion.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Logan Township, NJ
    Posts
    280
    It sounds like you didn't have the SC going in complete straight. I had that problem once when putting it in. I pulled it back out and then lined it up straight and it popped right in

    Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. installing retainer locks (easy way)
    By JIM'S PERFORMANCE in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 01:56 PM
  2. Stage III SC Install Tools
    By KiwiRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 07:16 PM
  3. easy way to clear clogged intercooler
    By bobscott in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 09:37 PM
  4. SC install and testing
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 08:48 PM
  5. SC install questions
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 01:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •