Possibly parting out a 98 yamaha XL 1200 non power valve ... any parts takers?

I was searching for parts for one of my SUVs around the local area and came up with a reasonable deal on a 98 XL1200 in pretty darn good shape. My buddy needs 2 of the carbs and I wanted one for a spare so those are taken. Aside from that, the motor is blown with the middle cylinder fried and a crack/hole in the bottom of the block. While I'm sure it is a repairable hole, the $150 or so welding fee that SBT charges would prohibit that having any core value to get quick money from them.

Everything else is supposed to be in good working condition on this fresh-water ski. Before I commit the extra money to buy it this week, does anyone have any use for any of the other parts? The hull is also in good to very good condition and will have a title. Anyone have any parts needs from this yr/make/model ski? If so, PM me what you need and how much you are willing to contribute to the purchase (pending your final review of the quality of the part of course). I could have parts ready for shipping as quick as next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by gigem View Post
    I was searching for parts for one of my SUVs around the local area and came up with a reasonable deal on a 98 XL1200 in pretty darn good shape. My buddy needs 2 of the carbs and I wanted one for a spare so those are taken. Aside from that, the motor is blown with the middle cylinder fried and a crack/hole in the bottom of the block. While I'm sure it is a repairable hole, the $150 or so welding fee that SBT charges would prohibit that having any core value to get quick money from them.

Everything else is supposed to be in good working condition on this fresh-water ski. Before I commit the extra money to buy it this week, does anyone have any use for any of the other parts? The hull is also in good to very good condition and will have a title. Anyone have any parts needs from this yr/make/model ski? If so, PM me what you need and how much you are willing to contribute to the purchase (pending your final review of the quality of the part of course). I could have parts ready for shipping as quick as next Friday.

Did you get it? If so how much for the crank cases?

I did end up getting the 1998 XL1200 to part out: Here is the link to the SALES thread so that I don't have a running double thread. My apologies to the mods on this...if this thread can be deleted or closed? The case top is usable...bottom is not. photo bucket link to all parts on the listed thread. Sorry about the re-route.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178470

Thread Information