Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Exclamation Memorial day weekend on the water!

With Memorial day weekend coming up I would like to remind everyone to try and use a little extra caution out on the water this holiday weekend! There will be a lot of inexperanced pwc and boat operators out on the water. Please be safe! Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    With Memorial day weekend coming up I would like to remind everyone to try and use a little extra caution out on the water this holiday weekend! There will be a lot of inexperanced pwc and boat operators out on the water. Please be safe! Tommy Jordan
    True to that Tommy there are alot of crazies out there and they don"t pay attention. Please everyone be safe and look behind you before you turn!

+1
    Around here there's a bunch of people booze'n it up on boats too... That scares the crap out of me. Think I'm going to sit this one out, mainly cuz I'd be on the water tuning the Vi-pec, which just sounds like a baaaaad idea.

I usually put in at daylight & leave at noon. To avoid the non trailer backing, wife shouting, 3 weekend a year pleasure boater. Not that there's anything wrong with boaters (I'm one to), I think 3 day weekends make people act silly
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337943483.531542.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	272632

+1
    ttt

I also don`t ride during the holidays. to many ignorant Benny`s and Pennso`s clusterfcking the area. Shouting wife, hahahaha It is just to funny to watch some of these people... oh the stories!!!...lol...
    This is something I just don`t GET! There are enough moron ski`ers and boaters that are straight to worry about, let alone the boozers and dopers. If you NEED to get high or drink yourself into a stuper so bad then go sit in the bar or stand on the sidewalk and maybe your butt will get taken out by a bus. One less idiot to worry about on the water... Drugs and alcohol with boating doesn`t end well... Party at home, leave the water for other safe boaters.
    The price of a can of beer could cost you your 15K ski... is it worth it...
    Have a safe Holiday weekend everyone.

+1
    A week ago we had our biggest boating accident so far this year(we've had quite a few already on the mississippi).. Alcohol was involved, and the fact that there were 11(ELEVEN!) people in a 14ft Jon Boat, drunk, didn't help the situation.. They ran head on into another boat, and none of them had life jackets on.. I think most of them bit it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    A week ago we had our biggest boating accident so far this year(we've had quite a few already on the mississippi).. Alcohol was involved, and the fact that there were 11(ELEVEN!) people in a 14ft Jon Boat, drunk, didn't help the situation.. They ran head on into another boat, and none of them had life jackets on.. I think most of them bit it.
    I heard about that a few days ago. I didnt even know you could fit that many in a jon boat and have much room to move so why even bother?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I think im going to skip the lake myself this weekend and just stay on the river, not many folks venture into the river, especially the part time boaters as most of the launch ramps are 100 yard or so long and not very wide.....most of them cant back down a launch ramp thats only 20 ft long and 2 places wide...........

I wonder how many divorces start at the boat ramp on a holiday.....?

+1
    They allowed "free day" at the state parks here last weekend so you didnt need a fishing permit, no park sticker, etc. that weekend. The lake was loaded with people breaking down on the water, couldnt get thier watercraft down the ramp, skis started, boats loaded lopsided on the trailer, people swimming at the boat ramps, vehicles sitting on the ramp for half an hour, etc. It was a bad weekend for seeing all the strange things you see at times like that. I'm going out here in a bit and it's a popular boating and camping lake so hopefully it's not like that which I'm doubting but I'm an addict.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information