Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the best Battery you can buy???

I have a 1999 and 1997 Seadoo jet ski and am new to this stuff so I wanna ask what is the best battery brand for PWCS? Ive worked on Harleys for years and know what I like in them but you guys have been doing this a long time and know what works the best in PWCS. Money is not an issue, I want the best battery possible. Period. Thanks for the help.

+1
    Odyessey or Deka agm batteries I bought mine at batteriesplus, it's called xtreme something but it's made by deka

3. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Deka+1 and then some

Ody may still have a two year warranty but the Deka terminals are clear superior for 99% of all applications. Deka is one year

Preference ODy in standups and Deka for anything where a ham handed wrench can ruin a weekend. When managed with care ody terminals are good..not so good for a ski with a difficult battery placement

5. +1 by:

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Excellent luck with my Deka AGM's. CarQuest and Oreillys sells them too. It has their name on it but its definitely a Deka.

7. +1 by:

I have 2 Odysseys in my 95 xp's and they are are on their 6th year. My 11 gti 155 will get one when the factory one goes.

9. +1 by:

+1
    I bought an AGM from advance auto parts at beginning of last season and was dissapointed to have to replace it again this year.

Banned User
    +1
    I love my deka

12. +1 by:

+1

Deka warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    I bought an AGM from advance auto parts at beginning of last season and was disappointing to have to replace it again this year.
    I would say this is appropriate for this topic, since it's attracting new members. Welcome aboard!.

there are a few things to watch out for when using an AGM to avoid disappointment:

1-disconnecting the hot lead at end of season seems to be a must, especially on Seadoo skis and older Polaris models where the LCD won't shut down. If the standing voltage(no load) drops below a certain voltage ( which is slipping my mind as I'm only on my first coffee) the battery will no longer charge. That sort of thing is or should be mentioned on the advance auto version of the deka instruction sheet. Seadoo mpems draw some juice even when sitting and over a long period of time, it can flatten your battery.

I had a number of dekas installed last season retain enough juice to easily start a 4-tec no problem. Kawasaki owners take note..that piddly x20 they stuck in there may not do as well and should be topped off before first start of the season)

2-using a charger that isn't AGM ready ( most new ones are but there are billions of chargers out there that aren't...look for an AGM logo on the charger. Battery tenders are compliant and my choice for chargers)
    3-defective voltage regulator/overcharging (always check charge voltage at 4-5k rpm after putting a $100 bill in your hull)

unless the standing voltage is too low...aa should warranty the battery. That's why I always buy my deka's direct..I can get the same exact battery at a local auto parts store, but my supplier is real good on warranties.

I'm sure a polite phone call to your vendor will get you something ( perhaps a better discount as I know AA can have some great coupons at times)

DEKA agm's can be identified by the very large terminals with threading in two places..no nuts to drop. The ONLY problem I have with deka is that the positive terminal can be difficult to see in hull without a flashlight. As there is nothing red about the hot side and the case marking is all the same color. Not a real problem for me, but a few of my over counter folks have made some unfortunate mistakes due to this.

14. +1 by:

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    I thought that Li-ion would have entered the discussion by now...

16. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I thought that Li-ion would have entered the discussion by now...
    in some applications li-ion look superior but at the moment that comes with a higher(much) price tag an li-ion for a 4 tec lists at $245

if I was running in an open water rally or racing where every pound counts i.d look At lo-ion... at almost twice the price I don.t see the advantage for everyday riding.

18. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information