Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Same Mods Whats A Faster Hull RXP Or The X

Hi guys

Its been a very long time since i posted hello to some old friends I ve made here on G/H that i have nt spoken in ages how all doing well and safe.

Guys Ive been out of touch on sit down need a little refresh which hull is faster out of the RXP or the RXP-X 2008-2011 with both skis running the same mods same grate boost cooler ECU props nozzle sizes so on.

I am guess the RXP is faster has this been tested i am trying to work out if the bigger tunnel in the X actually cause speed loss or does is increase speed with the right prop grate and nozzle size.

So 2 different skis with the same mods ride down the line no which is faster.

Glad to see the site is still going strong Jerry.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    Hi guys

Its been a very long time since i posted hello to some old friends I ve made here on G/H that i have nt spoken in ages how all doing well and safe.

Guys Ive been out of touch on sit down need a little refresh which hull is faster out of the RXP or the RXP-X 2008-2011 with both skis running the same mods same grate boost cooler ECU props nozzle sizes so on.

I am guess the RXP is faster has this been tested i am trying to work out if the bigger tunnel in the X actually cause speed loss or does is increase speed with the right prop grate and nozzle size.

So 2 different skis with the same mods ride down the line no which is faster.

Glad to see the site is still going strong Jerry.
    The rxp is faster then the x regardless mod for mod and tuned properly. The X holeshots better and has better hookup, I would say it gets to top speed quicker but the rxp hull will be faster top end.

R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    The rxp is faster then the x regardless mod for mod and tuned properly. The X holeshots better and has better hookup, I would say it gets to top speed quicker but the rxp hull will be faster top end.

R88

Man thats such bullshit!!! Naaaa, just kidding, he is right to say the RXP hull is faster than the X on top speed gains mod for mod!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post

R88
    +1

I wasn't aware that they used different molds for the two hulls. You guys sure it's not all in the equipment?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    I wasn't aware that they used different molds for the two hulls. You guys sure it's not all in the equipment?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    Yeps. The 08+ has smaller intake than later years. Hence why x boats in the what was it 74mph area and up started to get over stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
    Yeps. The 08+ has smaller intake than later years. Hence why x boats in the what was it 74mph area and up started to get over stuff.
    the rxp-x has a larger pump tunnel than the standard rxp. that is why they stuff, because a lot more water is being pushed through the pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedpgt View Post
    the rxp-x has a larger pump tunnel than the standard rxp. that is why they stuff, because a lot more water is being pushed through the pump.
    yes

+1
    Decisions decisions on what to build.

For a ski that won t get used much like 6 times a year might be a cheaper option to build an RXP as i am not after much apart from high speed riding in good conditions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information