Oxford, FL

Angry 01 virage overhaul.... im taking EVERYTHING out!

Frustration has got the best of me. I can't seem to figure out why this damn ski isnt getting a spark. My sister in-laws husband and his special ed friend seemed to mess with everything trying to be mechanics. So I'm going to do like i did with my 89 Kawasaki and gut and disassemble the whole thing including a motor rebuild. Sanding the water damage bubles in the foot wells and repairing with a black gel coat, then reupholster the seat, and a custom paint job to the hull and blue covers. Anyone know where to get a timing light like the one they have in the repair manual? also what modifications can i make to this thing? I was contemplating having the top of the motor milled down for more compression like my kawi but i'd like to see what else i can do to it before i go that far. any sites that sell bolt on aftermarket performance parts for this ski?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxPro1200's Avatar
    run a set of my franken keihin carbs,twin true 40mm carbs with an accl pump,my 00 virage had a single carb and i swapped out for a setup like this,had to get a twin intake manifold,flame arrestor,and oil injection pump and cable.the thing runs awesome way better than the stock carb

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Is this a carburetor engine or fuel injected?

Two or three cylinder?

Any news!?

Thread Information