Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

i have some issues with my 300x please help !!

the ski was running perfect then i wanted to make it faster so i ordered the folowing parts :

riva top speed modul
    exahust race plate
    free flow exahust
    air filter kit

i bolt it all on and took the ski to the water and its all playing up first few min it was all running good then it like dropping RPM to under 4000 then kick in again over and over , i took the the riva modul off and tested it again and it still doig the same i even put a new set of spark plugs and its still run bad

any ideas ???

cheers

+1
    With changing out your exhaust I would start there. It is sounding like you are having an exhaust leak and choking down the engine. If that does not work come back and we can go from there.

thanks bud i will go to test it now

+1
    I will be here. We will figure this out.

+1
    My guess will the exhaust leaking too, happened once.
    Easy way to do a quick check is to ride with seat off and should ride better.

Could be the Oil Cooler line is giving way, that will create humidity inside the engine compartment which could explain the situation too. Even if it is not, that Oil Cooler line should be replace anyway (it can lead to other problems). If you do a Search Function on this, there are some details about this.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Could be the Oil Cooler line is giving way, that will create humidity inside the engine compartment which could explain the situation too. Even if it is not, that Oil Cooler line should be replace anyway (it can lead to other problems). If you do a Search Function on this, there are some details about this.
    Lmao humidity in the air?So what happens on cold days ? Lol to funny

Yes most likely as others have posted. Exhaust leak or scom wire no fully seated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post

John you really need to STFU as you have just showed that you don't know what in the world you are talking about.. You may have lots of riding hours but mechanical knowledge is not your thing .. Again you don't or ever owned a 300 and you are giving your inputs from friends , Internet and the 250/260 platform which some how makes you think that you know it all.. You are starting to sound like (no more rice ) but in the Kawi forum .. What can I say the Internet is full of idiots !

Quote Originally Posted by SAL08HO View Post
    John you really need to STFU as you have just showed that you don't know what in the world you are talking about.. You may have lots of riding hours but mechanical knowledge is not your thing .. Again you don't or ever owned a 300 and you are giving your inputs from friends , Internet and the 250/260 platform which some how makes you think that you know it all.. You are starting to sound like (no more rice ) but in the Kawi forum .. What can I say the Internet is full of idiots !
    When a "water oriented" line breaks or leaks, it will introduce "water vapor" into the engine compartment. Any addition of "anything" into the engine compartment will rob the engine of air. So as long as he's in there . . . why not check the Oil Cooler line too. My response was to just give the OP some additional information. Yes, it could very well be an exhaust leak. But lets try to think beyond the obvious and give as complete an answer as possible. That's what I would do for you. I hope that's would you would do for me. But thank you for pointing this out.

+1
    John you are not only confusing the op but also giving an above and behind suggestion to a pretty much what could be a simple problem .. I'm not going to argue on the Internet as I have better things to do including riding my 300 that BTW have 3 of them in my back yard along with a 250x and an SHO and have not experienced any of the issues that you seem to point out on a daily basis .. Again I'm not saying that you are wrong by helping but you need to really stop the BS as every thread that you have been in turns into a war ! Have a good rest of the day and enjoy the memorial weekend !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information