Thread: vtech results

vtech results

okay i have 2011 rxt 260 , riva stage 1 with rd intake grate(pulls right like previously stated)
    and to day i reflashed with 8350 stage 1 flash . 73 mph 8200 rpm

my prop is a 12.5/19 with set back mod from eric. not really impressed if i had my scom i would have tried it but i dont think there would be any top speed difference. how are theses guys running over 75 mph with this set up? water temp was 66 and outside 72 no humidity river run.

+1
    You can't run a SCOM with a reflash.

Most of the guys running 75 mph are using the Solas 15/20R impellers

my scom is not installed but the wiring in the harness is still there

my prop was soals 15/22 from riva but couldnt turn it .

eric reptiched it to 12.5/19 and now it turns 8200 with reflash .should it not be more? should i try stock prop?tx
    i need 75 mph

+1
    15/22 is too much pitch. It's to be run for stock ECU skis.
    For reflashed run the 15/20R which will allow you to turn more RPM's

I would like to see you try the stock impeller just for the hell of it. Let us know the results.

Thanks

+1
    chokehold, I have read most of your post posts and you have complained about low rpms and pulling right from day one. Questions:
    1. Have you adjusted the steering nozzle to straighten the ski out?
    2. Have you ever had the pump checked for proper alignment? You wouldn't be the first to have a miss-aligned pump.
    3. On rpms, have you checked the slip on the SC? If so, what is it? Stock SC?
    4. How much do you weigh? Not being a jerk, serious question. I am 170 lbs.
    5. I had to file down my R&D grate to fit flush and also fit straight in the hull and ride plate pocket. This corrected most of my pulling right.
    6. I have had great success with Erik's 12.5/19 pitch - I don't think that is your issue at all.
    7. I'm turning 8680-8700 rpm with the exact same impeller, same 83mm nozzle, ET137 SC, and 8750 Vtech reflash, stock injectors.
    8. Change plugs every spring? Oil level correct?

I think it would help you and others to list everything you have done to your ski to further analyze this. I know you are frustrated seeing others with the same ski and mods performing much better!

+1
    Jp, i can't read your blue font on tapatalk on my phone. Choose another Color please.

ok gonna go to dealers to check pump alighnement . what did u file on grate to make it fit better? any pics . tx all

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    chokehold, I have read most of your post posts and you have complained about low rpms and pulling right from day one. Questions:
    1. Have you adjusted the steering nozzle to straighten the ski out? dealer did that last year ..no diff
    2. Have you ever had the pump checked for proper alignment? You wouldn't be the first to have a miss-aligned pump.will do it this week

3. On rpms, have you checked the slip on the SC? If so, what is it? Stock SC?no
    4. How much do you weigh? Not being a jerk, serious question. I am 170 lbs.180lbs
    5. I had to file down my R&D grate to fit flush and also fit straight in the hull and ride plate pocket. This corrected most of my pulling right.mine sticks down too
    6. I have had great success with Erik's 12.5/19 pitch - I don't think that is your issue at all.
    7. I'm turning 8680-8700 rpm with the exact same impeller, same 83mm nozzle, ET137 SC, and 8750 Vtech reflash, stock injectors.
    8. Change plugs every spring? Oil level correct?oil is touch high . will install new plugs

I think it would help you and others to list everything you have done to your ski to further analyze this. I know you are frustrated seeing others with the same ski and mods performing much better!
    thanks for all input

Thread Information