Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Riva intake grate question

Hello all, has anybody tried the Riva tuneable intake grate WITHOUT the wing in place? Or tried any different wing angles? Thanks!

+1
    Yes. With only the bars , neither scoop in you will sacrifice your hookup in choppy water. With the scoops in place it is better. If you are riding flat Bayous or small rivers as they would be called everywhere wlse it is an OK grate. From looking at your location I am not sure how it will work for you in the ocean but would be interested with results if you did.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Yes. With only the bars , neither scoop in you will sacrifice your hookup in choppy water. With the scoops in place it is better. If you are riding flat Bayous or small rivers as they would be called everywhere wlse it is an OK grate. From looking at your location I am not sure how it will work for you in the ocean but would be interested with results if you did.

Yes I live near the ocean but never ride there. I ride the Colorado river only, smooth water...well, most of the time. It was white caps and crazy wind yesterday, I was the only bonehead out there.

+1
    I have not tested it again with my current wetup but I did find there was better speed on my local waterways but I would not use it in a choppy race condition. The gain was enough for me not to sell the grate but the loss of hookup makes me leave it on the wall unless the correct water conditions are here and I want that little extra when wanting to show off. I honestly do not know if I would say it is worth going spend the extra money if you already have the R&D grate.

+1
    I don't have the R-D grate. I started with the Riva as most seem to believe its the best for flat water top speed. Did you try the various positions recommended in the the instructions? Rear chip in, wing down, etc. Also, does it take away the"parachute" effect when letting off the throttle? Thanks LA...

+1
    Just play with the front scoop or no scoop at all. Notice that is the design Farthing racing has just with the forward scoop molded in. You can fit an allen wrench in there to change the settings so no need to remove the entire grate. Just be sure to add RED lock tite. You do not want those bolts backing out. No braking feeling at all.

+1
    GL, Rob rides just below Havasu on the river. Not sure if you got a chance to get any further south of the lake when you were out. the water can get a little choppy with traffic, but generally is fairly smooth.

+1
    Bill, your up! I will call ya when I can find cell reception...its so bad here, chatted with Lowell and dropped call 4 times. Thanks again LA. Just put the grate in, will launch as soon as the water level comes up.

+1
    Paul took us for a little ride down the river it is beautiful. I would recomment just testing it in different positions and find the one you like having the best agreement between speed and hook up. Start with it completely out and go from there. It may be good enough just the grate. You should pretty much never need the rear scoop in the river. This was the style grate that the 250/260 has for it's scoop grate for offshore use so it does help. You will just have to find where it works with your plate and how it causes your ski to ride.

+1
    OK, will do. The reason I asked is because the instructions don't say anything about running with the wing out, just up or down so I was concerned about handling issues with it out. Will post results later today.

I still have the stock plate, will be getting the Riva plate soon, hope there is a little speed gain with it as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information