Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Unhappy Exhaust hose came off filled ski with water and engine stopped.... HELP!

Firstly thank you to everyone who said bilge pumps were a good idea, I installed one and it saved my ski.

Whilst riding, the exhaust hose frm the plastic exhaust box to Waterbox came off. Obviously I did not know this at the time. First I knew the engine bogged down, I was at top speed at the time, then cut out completely. Would not start just wound over sounding poorly.

Took off the seat and holy crap there was so much water bildge couldn't keep up must have been 1/2 way up. Quickly and luckily god a buddy to tow me to the shore. Drained the water and put the exhaust hose back on but still just wound over.

Where has the water gone and how much damage is there likely to be. What's my next step? Ski is under warranty but would rather fix it myself as they will be very busy this time of year.

I did a search so if I've missed it I'm sorry but please point me in the right direction.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dalef10ods View Post
    Firstly thank you to everyone who said bilge pumps were a good idea, I installed one and it saved my ski.

Whilst riding, the exhaust hose frm the plastic exhaust box to Waterbox came off. Obviously I did not know this at the time. First I knew the engine bogged down, I was at top speed at the time, then cut out completely. Would not start just wound over sounding poorly.

Took off the seat and holy crap there was so much water bildge couldn't keep up must have been 1/2 way up. Quickly and luckily god a buddy to tow me to the shore. Drained the water and put the exhaust hose back on but still just wound over.

Where has the water gone and how much damage is there likely to be. What's my next step? Ski is under warranty but would rather fix it myself as they will be very busy this time of year.

I did a search so if I've missed it I'm sorry but please point me in the right direction.

Pull the spark plugs RIGHT NOW and crank it...Don't lean over the block when this happens...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Pull the spark plugs RIGHT NOW and crank it...Don't lean over the block when this happens...
    Ok done this, turns over and squirts out. How many times would I do it, done it 3 times.

Then what's my next step?

+1
    Could lost my rxtx whenit sink , however clean the ski engine and elet al very well in freash watre trust you must clean it all
    and yes spark plug out wd 40 inside the cylinder and cranck the engine i do that when the battry attached to the car battry for more cracnk and to safe teh ski battry , do that then vacume the oil but anew one then again repet the procces , then new oil and filtre and spark plug , run the ski for 20 secound check the oil and make sure it not mixing with water

+1
    clean the electeric harrnes with fresh watre take your time when you are cleaning the ski from inside

+1
    We have had chance to have a good look, the oil is clean as the day it was put in. Looking at the position of the air filter & oil filler & dipstick, i dont think that any water actually got into the engine through these points.

The supercharger, hoses, throttle body etc were all covered but not all the way up to the top of the engine.

I fired it with the plugs out, a mist of fuel came up but didn't look to be any water in there. We have now run the engine for 5 mins, twice, & seems sweet. Oil is still clean.

Do you think i got away with it?

My only question would be, why did it stop? Is there a sensor or something?

+1
    I forgot to ask, would the water feed into the waterbox then into the engine from there?

+1
    Water enters the intake when the hull was flooded.

+1
    it does not take much warter to bend a rod
    I hope you have good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

You may want to hold the throttle at WOT when cranking, this will turn off the spark and injectors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information