Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250X water still in intake manifold after drowning, help please

Was out wiht my favorite jetski running wot and having a great time till it started to bog down. Long story short, the inter cooler hose pop off, jetski had to be hauled in. It was a mess . Took it to a local deal who told me I needed a new engine and offered only $1000 for it including a nice trailer !

Took it home depressed but decided to give it try. Read a bunch of posts from here and there. So I drained the oil that was chocolate from water, changed the filter and did this a couple of time till the oil stayed clear and clean. Siphon the water from the fuel tank, drained it almost completely empty from near the injection intake. I did not see any water coming out from the fuel at all. Then I removed the 14mm screw from intake manifold and drained the water. Fogged the engine many times, new spark plugs after giving the starter a work-out pumping out the water.

After all that work, the engine started and the oil remained clean and clear. The only problem I have now that after dragging it back into the lake, more water got into the intake manifold and head. Drained it, started it again. It runs fine but when I check the manifold, it still have lots of water .

Is there something that I am missing or not done? Is this water that is in the system that I just need to slowly work it out? Thanks.

Rick, Dallas, Texas

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    You may still have water in the air intake......

+1
    How are you checking for water in the intake? Are you removing the throttle body hose and looking in the manifold? You need to remove the intercooler, drain and dry it out totally. There may be water in the intake air box as well, remove the little clear oil collection tube at the bottom of the air box to drain it. Its located just in front of the supercharger intake hose where it goes on the air box. Hope this helps you, let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by RickFOB View Post
    Was out wiht my favorite jetski running wot and having a great time till it started to bog down. Long story short, the inter cooler hose pop off, jetski had to be hauled in. It was a mess . Took it to a local deal who told me I needed a new engine and offered only $1000 for it including a nice trailer !

Took it home depressed but decided to give it try. Read a bunch of posts from here and there. So I drained the oil that was chocolate from water, changed the filter and did this a couple of time till the oil stayed clear and clean. Siphon the water from the fuel tank, drained it almost completely empty from near the injection intake. I did not see any water coming out from the fuel at all. Then I removed the 14mm screw from intake manifold and drained the water. Fogged the engine many times, new spark plugs after giving the starter a work-out pumping out the water.

After all that work, the engine started and the oil remained clean and clear. The only problem I have now that after dragging it back into the lake, more water got into the intake manifold and head. Drained it, started it again. It runs fine but when I check the manifold, it still have lots of water .

Is there something that I am missing or not done? Is this water that is in the system that I just need to slowly work it out? Thanks.

Rick, Dallas, Texas

Any way to get that water out besides what I am doing? Running it for a little bit, open that intake manifold14mm nut and draining it slowly? Thanks!

Thanks Aquaholics. RobsAuto, I am finding water by just taking out the 14mm nut in manifold toward the front of the manifold itself. I have removed the large black hose connecting the airbox to the throttle body it looked dry. I removed the tube coming out of the bottom of the inter cooler toward the front but it was also dry. Where is intake airbox? Are you refering to parts of the silencer? I am looking at online parts and not seeing it. Again, Thanks!

+1
    Not sure what nut you are referring to. You must remove the intercooler from the ski and drain and dry it completely, its very easy to do.

+1
    I think you are removing the water cooling line to the intercooler, you need to remove the whole intercooler from the ski and drain the water from the inside of it or you will never solve this problem.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	1338 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	272782

+1
    Remove 92192D TO DRAIN THE AIR INTAKE SILENCER.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsauto2 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	1338 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	272782

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information