New to seadoo's... 4 tecs?

Hey guys, I'm new to PWC's and have ridden alot of different skis but just got my first (2000 Seadoo RX Carbed). Im really impressed as to how smooth this thing rides in chop and how fast it gets out of the hole. I've got it up to 66mph in chop now which was awesome. However this is a 2000. I really cant imagine how much different these new 4 strokes can be with the new hull designs. Maybe someone here has some experience on both sides here. What is the difference in the ride? Im really curious. Very tempted to try a 4 stroke, dont have access to one though

+1
    welcome to GH
    well I also have a rx and they are a nice ski but is underpowered compaired to a boosted 1500cc

+1
    Hi,
    You got Seadoo RX 951 carburettor , 2 stroke engine. The hull is nearly the same of RXP 215 HP 4 stroke but RXP 215 pull hard and top speed better than RX 951. It is my experiance first reide.

Quote Originally Posted by SingTH View Post
    Hi,
    You got Seadoo RX 951 carburettor , 2 stroke engine. The hull is nearly the same of RXP 215 HP 4 stroke but RXP 215 pull hard and top speed better than RX 951. It is my experiance first reide.
    Interesting. Alot of people told me that the 2 strokes come out of the hole better then the 4 strokes. I know alot about both engines. I have alot of experience with dirtbikes and the difference between 2 and 4 stroke engines... 4 stroke bikes have morre torque while 2 strokes go faster in comparable engine sizes (which seems similar here..1800cc's!?

My question is do they really come out of the hole better? Are they reaaally that much better then the 2 strokes? Or is this all personal preference basically. Im really fascinated by this, its way different from bikes.

+1
    Just imagine you’re rx with 2x the torque and HP
    That’s a super charged rxp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by usrockband View Post
    Interesting. Alot of people told me that the 2 strokes come out of the hole better then the 4 strokes. I know alot about both engines. I have alot of experience with dirtbikes and the difference between 2 and 4 stroke engines... 4 stroke bikes have morre torque while 2 strokes go faster in comparable engine sizes (which seems similar here..1800cc's!?

My question is do they really come out of the hole better? Are they reaaally that much better then the 2 strokes? Or is this all personal preference basically. Im really fascinated by this, its way different from bikes.
    That is first imagine , so after test it unbelivable! Torque + Higher RPM
    RX951 2stroke approx 130 HP/ 7000-7200RPM , RXP 4 stroke 215 HP/ 7800-8150RPM
    What your think?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    Just imagine you’re rx with 2x the torque and HP
    That’s a super charged rxp
    ++++1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by usrockband View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to PWC's and have ridden alot of different skis but just got my first (2000 Seadoo RX Carbed). Im really impressed as to how smooth this thing rides in chop and how fast it gets out of the hole. I've got it up to 66mph in chop now which was awesome. However this is a 2000. I really cant imagine how much different these new 4 strokes can be with the new hull designs. Maybe someone here has some experience on both sides here. What is the difference in the ride? Im really curious. Very tempted to try a 4 stroke, dont have access to one though
    You did not run 66 on your RX-- a stock RX will run 60 mph +/- 1 on GLASS water-- GPS speed IF in perfect working order. A good running RXP will run 68 +/- 1 on GPS in the same good conditions.

Thread Information