Better buy - new '08 250x or slightly used '09 260x??

I've moved to Dubai and decided I need to get out on the water. Having owned a Kawasaki jet ski previously in Australia I'm keen on another one. I've found 2 options for about the same money (approx. $11,000):
    • 2008 250x. Brand new, still on the crate, never seen water, stored inside, etc. Local Sheikh never got around to using 6 of the 10 he ordered back in 2008. This is the last one for sale.
    • 2009 260x. 14hrs use, still looks like new but unknown engine wear, how well it was flushed, etc. About $600 cheaper than above.

Can anyone give me advice on which is the smarter buy. It seems dumb to buy an older model (as soon as I've used it then it just becomes a used 2008, 250x) but peace of mind, etc makes it a safer bet I'm thinking.

Stuff doesn't always get very well looked after here and the water is very salty - is there any quick/easy well to tell if it's been flushed well - telltale signs for corrosion, etc. Of course the 260x with only 14hrs must have spend a long time just sitting around - if it was sitting around with salt water inside that's obviously not a good thing! I've checked the engine bay and all looks as new in there.

Any/all help appreciated!

Banned User
    I'd buy the 08 as the 09-260 is basicly the same ski that being said you can but brand new 08 250s over here for 7500 and 2010 new 260s for 9500

Thread Information