still need a little more help

thanks to everyone on here I have got one thing figured out on my 95 sl 750 came down to needing a new stator! So i put one in and now when I start the ski up it goes right to full throttle what I know i cant run it for a long time out of the water to try and get it tuned right hwo long can it run if i have the hose running water to it? and where should all all the screws be set I know there are two on each carb then there is another big on with a T handle in it where the throttle cable goes where is should that be set??? again thanks for all the help I am so close to getting this thing in the water i can wait!!!

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    +1
    If it is running away like that you might have an air leak somewhere - service manuals will tell you screw adjustments and throttle adjustment settings too - running on hose doesn't cool pump components - so still be careful doing that for any length of time. Also, wait to hook it up on the hose until you can get it to idle properly (remember - start ski - start water - off water - off ski)

Ok I am going to do another leak down test this week and see what happens

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny7 View Post
    thanks to everyone on here I have got one thing figured out on my 95 sl 750 came down to needing a new stator! So i put one in and now when I start the ski up it goes right to full throttle what I know i cant run it for a long time out of the water to try and get it tuned right hwo long can it run if i have the hose running water to it? and where should all all the screws be set I know there are two on each carb then there is another big on with a T handle in it where the throttle cable goes where is should that be set??? again thanks for all the help I am so close to getting this thing in the water i can wait!!!
    First like Tbone said, get all of the factory settings out of the manual and set the lows and highs how they were from the factory.

Set the large t handle all the way out so the throttle is completely closed. Try to start the motor. If it runs away like this, I would double check your leak down test.... IF it won't start or has trouble starting, slowly screw the T in until it will start and stay running. You should be able to get it to stay in the low 2000 rpm range for a good 10-15 seconds out of the water. The large T handle is the idle speed screw.

Thread Information