+1

Mounted tool kit for Fzs?

Ive been thinking about making a water proof toolbox that I can mount inside my FZS.Just big enough to hold some tools,clamps,zipties,vac hose,and the like.So started making a capsule that I can mount to the four threaded rods that used to hold the old stock air box.If anybody has any better ideas,pleas spread the knowledge.

+1
    Does the mods you have take away from the box under the rear seat? thats where i store mine.

+1
    No I still have the box in but its usually filled with a bunch of other stuff cause the front is def not waterproof.

+1
    See if you can use the white panel in the front compartment to hold your tools. I've been toying with the idea of using that white panel as a mount for a small medical kit I carry with me when I ride. The only issue becomes if it is strong enough to support the weight.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    See if you can use the white panel in the front compartment to hold your tools. I've been toying with the idea of using that white panel as a mount for a small medical kit I carry with me when I ride. The only issue becomes if it is strong enough to support the weight.
    I was also thinking about that panel,but mine is way too floppy to support what I want to mount.Im sure I could hang a med box with med sup.But not tools.

+1
    I replaced the plastic rivets with some nylon bolts and nuts. I used epoxy to secure them in place facing to the front of the ski so I can easily remove it and have it fastened better to the ski. I'm pretty sure it would be sturdy enough to hold a crafted toolbox with the basics depending on the design.

+1
    I used one of the "pelican-box-styled" clear blue watertight containers from WalMart sporting goods dep't. I epoxied on two strips of Velcro (the heavier-duty type Lowes carries) and mounted in the front storage compartment ahead of the extinguisher. You'l have to angle the box to take advantage of one of the two flat spots on either side of the extinguisher. Cut a cardboard template so you'll know the maximum size box that will fit there & take it w/ you when you go to purchase the box. I have plenty of room for a basic tool kit, a small LED flashlight, bandaids, a spare pack of smokes, an extra o-ring for my IC filter & backup remote. Wrapped everything in a towel to prevent rattles. Three years and I've pulled the box at least a dozen times. Velcro is still firmly attached and I've yet to have the box come loose while riding.

Thread Information