Need some help with a seadoo xp electrical and engine.

I'm new to the forum so hope I'm asking in the right place but here's whats up...On our 2000 SeaDoo XP the battery goes dead when it sits even when its a new battery so there is some electrical problem. the other thing is it has an issue with hanging idle and such. From what i know from dirt bikes i think its an air leak. I really have never worked on SeaDoos before so i don't really know were to start. The final thing is is there a place to get a service manual online relatively cheap?

Thanks for any help you can give.

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=128441

Replace all fuel line and replace grey Tempo lines. Clean fuel selector. Rebuild carbs. Clean or replace carb filters.

That was quick thanks allot that will help allot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by antleo View Post
    I'm new to the forum so hope I'm asking in the right place but here's whats up...On our 2000 SeaDoo XP the battery goes dead when it sits even when its a new battery so there is some electrical problem. the other thing is it has an issue with hanging idle and such. From what i know from dirt bikes i think its an air leak. I really have never worked on SeaDoos before so i don't really know were to start. The final thing is is there a place to get a service manual online relatively cheap?

Thanks for any help you can give.
    How long does it take to go flat ?

If the battery discharges quickly you have something drawing current you will need a multimeter on it to see.

If it doesn't come back down to idle speed 2700 rpm on trailer 1500 in water usually it is the throttle cable adjusted too tight at the carby .It needs a little bit of slack because when you put the hood down you bend the cable and it pulls on the inner S/steel cable

Try here http://www.seadoomanuals.net/
    download the 99 service shop manual as the 2000 is not their due to no major changes from 99.

definatly not the cable because it does go back to the 2700 rpm it just takes awhile. if you just rev it a bit bringing it to say 5000rpm it takes a good 30 seconds to go back down. I will try the lines and cleaning the carb, filters and possibly oil injectors.

It will go flat in a day or two if left sit.

+1
    Not sure if you have a clock on that ski. My gsx battery would go dead after 3 to 4 weeks. So I put a master switch on the battery. Problem solved. Plus it nice to shut it off for a battery tender. I wouldn't want to Fry anything.

+1
    Sounds like its running away a bit, too lean, do the carbs and you might be alright.

ya lean for sure. i hope its just the carbs and not an air leak somewhere as i hate tracking them down.

Thread Information