powervalve stuck ?

First off I'm a newb to this sport/hobby searched around found a couple threads with similar symptoms but none that hit it exactly.

I have an 01 gp1200r basically stock d-plate and chip. Went out last weekend to ride and it will hit 40 @ about 3/4 throttle then from there to wide open just bog. Took it back to the dock pulled the seat found #3 plug wet #1 #2 had even and similar burn color and pattern. Replaced all 3 plugs with new. Next I cycled the powervalves and the connector between the #2 and #3 cylinder is clicking trying to turn you can feel it twitching I guess would be the best description of it.

So my question here is would it be safe to assume its just a stuck pv clean them and be good or what else could it be. I just got back from the lake have not even tore into it yet just fishing for clues. Thanks for your time

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by phew View Post
    First off I'm a newb to this sport/hobby searched around found a couple threads with similar symptoms but none that hit it exactly.

I have an 01 gp1200r basically stock d-plate and chip. Went out last weekend to ride and it will hit 40 @ about 3/4 throttle then from there to wide open just bog. Took it back to the dock pulled the seat found #3 plug wet #1 #2 had even and similar burn color and pattern. Replaced all 3 plugs with new. Next I cycled the powervalves and the connector between the #2 and #3 cylinder is clicking trying to turn you can feel it twitching I guess would be the best description of it.

So my question here is would it be safe to assume its just a stuck pv clean them and be good or what else could it be. I just got back from the lake have not even tore into it yet just fishing for clues. Thanks for your time
    remove the cables and make sure the servo motor is cycling when you turn the ski off, If it is then remove the pv covers and make sure the valve did not break or the pin slide out. If that is all fine then i would clean them.

I will give that a shot this weekend. Is there anything else I should be looking for ? Or any other problems that it could be ?

Thread Information