Thread: Carbon Seal

Carbon Seal

I need to replace a carbon seal on a 2005 RXP was wondering if there are any pictures of this.

http://parts.sea-doo.com/cgi-bin/Img...&ilIF=P&ilRE=8

Item 40 = carbon seal. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, or if you're looking for the service manual.

replace carbon seal and floating ring together. you`ll also need the 2 O rings that go inside the floating ring, and possible a new clip if your shaft has rusted. You`ll know more when you get it apart. This crap isn`t cheap, so do it right and do it once... You`ll be able to tell the reason for leak and or failure from the pattern on the face of the carbon seal...
    if this is the first time your replacing the carbon seal, I would also suggest to replace the bellows and related parts...
    The RXP is a bit easier than the GTX/RXT bc of the removable rear piece... the rest is a slight struggle to push the floating ring rearward to release the clip.
    leave the pump in until you release the clip, the remove the pump to get the shaft out...
    There is more to this, get a shop manual, but the work is not that hard, just time consuming... good luck...

Plenty of threads on doing this, so if you use the search you should come up with plenty. I know I did at least 1 thread on this experience.

Meanwhile, read the parts sheet and order everything associated....it's only about $80 for everything, so there's no real sence in leaving any of it out. And that goes quadruple for the little cheap C-clip!! Buy that $0.35 mother [email protected]#ker and sleep well!!! I've actually gotten to where I order a handful of them so that I can replace it everytime I pull my driveshaft for whatever reason. I reused one once........once!

+1
    Where in the world did you find c clip for .35 cents

I don't remember the exact price but they are the cheapest part to replace next to the o-rings. I think I remember them being under a dollar. I'm on the iPhone and don't feel like looking lol

+1
    Look later lol.

Thread Information