oil all over!!!!

So saturday I was out riding for the first time this season and I noticed when i took my 06 RXP out of the water and pulled the plugs the little bit of water that came out was grey and oily. So when I got back home I pulled the seat and everything was covered with a nice film of oil. I saw the dipstick was out about 2 or so inches. Now i checked the oil level right before I left and I swear I pushed it back it but I may not have. I cleaned the entire inside out and ran it and didnt see any leaks I was about 1/4 quart low from when I changed the oil back in April. Just wondering If any other of you guys have had a problem with the dip stick popping out or was I just stupid and didnt seat it all the way? See my signature for mods to my ski.

+1
    ive had that happen too...i thought i pushed it down all the way but must not have,cause after that i make sure it is and i havent had any issues since...

Yeah thats what I am thinking I did. Simple Green works great though for cleaning all that off lol. I put a zip tie through the loop on the dip stick and around the cover just to be sure though.

+1
    check yours tip over postion sensor located by the oil full looks like a cylanoid with two nuts on top make sure it makes a click sound when you put the key on the post if it is stuck it will cause you to have high enough oil pressure to pop out the dipstick also pull your oil filter cap and make sure the o-rings aren't damaged or broken

Thread Information