Ultra 300x Tbm steering

Hi guys I'm just installing my Tbm steering setup which is the complete setup however I'm finding the base plate feels real tight to turn in my hands is this normal? I would have thought it would be free and nice? Anybody had this or is it normal I know when the upper part and the bars are on there will be more leverage there just thought it should be nice and free obviously not loose, I don't really wanna take it all apart though.
    thanks.

Banned User
    +1
    its normal on the few i've felt

Quote Originally Posted by Timmymajic View Post
    Hi guys I'm just installing my Tbm steering setup which is the complete setup however I'm finding the base plate feels real tight to turn in my hands is this normal? I would have thought it would be free and nice? Anybody had this or is it normal I know when the upper part and the bars are on there will be more leverage there just thought it should be nice and free obviously not loose, I don't really wanna take it all apart though.
    thanks.
    It's normal, I thought the same thing when I first got mine. Once you get it installed with handlebars it will feel normal. The lever effect of the bars makes the difference.

Nice one cheers guys I'll get it fitted tomoz then thankyou.

Banned User
    +1
    Make sure you apply red lock title to every bolt.

Is that every bolt that I have had to remove and re-install? I don't need to strip the bottom assembly which is already made up do I?

Banned User
    +1
    Is that every bolt that I have had to remove and re-install? I don't need to strip the bottom assembly which is already made up do I?
    You don't have to but I always take them apart and put red lock tite on every assembly bolt. I had a bad experience once with them coming loose. It's hit or miss if you did not do the lower make sure you do every bolt on the upper. Why TBM does not do this is beyond me.

Ok cool

+1
    thanks.
    Dont forget to apply loctite to the two bolts that go upwards into the base of the triple clamp area. That is the part that is already assembled. I had mine come loose during my first race with the bars on. Luckily I brought the allen head sockets that fit everything just in case.

Thread Information