Thread: 95 sl jet

95 sl jet

all right here's a really dumb question but is there another reason other than removing water from the engine bay that the hose's are atached to the jet ( the ones going from the both sides up to a conection and down to threw the hull and into the jet) maybe for cooling the impeller or something ... also why whould my ski have oil coming out of the back were the jet pump is located. she smokes bad... this thing is becoming a huge project im already trying to find out why the last cyl is not working compression is good spark is good .... thinking maybe fuel issues... smell gas pretty bad in the engine bay

did you do a fuel pump up grade on it yet? i would put a triple out put pump on it. i dunno why you would have oil coming out un less you got a leak somewhere.

umm ok so what would the upgraded fuel pump do get more fuel in the motor... due to the smoke i was sorta thinking it was running rich anyhow because when i pull the plugs there soaked in fuel.. i did figure out the oil is coming out the exhaust... maybe the check valve on the water rail????????? not sure new to this world and now lol i have 2 i just bought another one i guess i need to learn fast

+1
    '95 SL 750?
    The hoses out the back that connect to the jet pump are: 1. Water supply line for engine/exhaust cooling. This is the hard black plastic pipe that attaches to jet pump. 2. Bilge pump hose connections... one (maybe two for 3 seaters) separate hoses connect to fittings on the side of the jet pump, below the water line. These lines create a suction and draw water out of the hull. Also connected back at the jet pump will be the steering nozzle rod, trim rod (if equiped), and/or reverse bucket rod (3 seaters). There is no cooling line going to the impellor/stator housing... it sits in the water so it stays plenty cool.

Sounds like your running very rich. That sounds like a carb issue. You *really* should plan to rebuild the carbs. This is the #1 killer of these old ski engines... fueling... carbs and fuel pumps. You will also want to invest in a new fuel pump... a triple outlet pump to replace the stock single outlet one (assuming you have a 750 model). The old pumps get weak with age then the carb furthest down the line from the fuel pump order of feed gets lean on fuel and burns a hole in a piston.

There is a ton of how-to and good info on these forums. Start here: http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

Everything you need to get your ski in tip top ready to go condition is just a click away.

Good luck

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Find your gas smell and fix that. A possible fire can occur under your arse if you don't.

As for the oil, if you're running rich and unburnt fuel/oil is going out the exhaust, it gathers in the waterbox until it gets pushed out the exhaust. Which exits at the jet pump.

If you r PTO isn't firing, makes sense why you have oil coming out then.

Okay so next question Where can I get a triple pump also where can I get those separate cleaners everyone has I see them all over the place oh and thanks guys this website is a huge help

+1
    triple pump upgrade kit;

http://www.watcon.com/Catalog_Pages/...mp_Upgrade.htm

also have carb rebuild kits, fuel line, new fuel select valves, and most any thing else you would need.

Ok so I looked at my ski and figured out I already have the triple pump so off do the store I go to have some fun rebuilding some carbs yea just what I wanted to do this weekend oh and a flush kit ....had NO idea it was that important I guess I didn't think sand would enter the engine

Thread Information