NEW check engine light?

hey guys im new to the forum looking for a little help. i have a 2007 gp1300r riva intake grate, riva ride plate, riva trim tabs nothing to serious heres the problem so when i go out for a long cruise at 4 to 5000 rpm 25min plus check engine and exhaust overheating light both come on i removed the seat and put my hand on the heads and manifold and they do not feel to hot by any means but i can ride it hard as hell spining it full throttle any thing i want as long as im on and off the throttle for hours with no problem remove the seat and the heads and manifold feel alot hotter then they do when it throws the lights i dont understand i tried to pull the codes i can get it to flash 00 then 48 then 01 but ive done some research and couldnt come up with anything helpful. any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

+1
    Maybe a sensor going bad on the exhaust.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dmax View Post
    hey guys im new to the forum looking for a little help. i have a 2007 gp1300r riva intake grate, riva ride plate, riva trim tabs nothing to serious heres the problem so when i go out for a long cruise at 4 to 5000 rpm 25min plus check engine and exhaust overheating light both come on i removed the seat and put my hand on the heads and manifold and they do not feel to hot by any means but i can ride it hard as hell spining it full throttle any thing i want as long as im on and off the throttle for hours with no problem remove the seat and the heads and manifold feel alot hotter then they do when it throws the lights i dont understand i tried to pull the codes i can get it to flash 00 then 48 then 01 but ive done some research and couldnt come up with anything helpful. any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
    if the exhaust temp light comes on sounds like you cat. convertor is coming apart.

+1
    If you still have the factory cat switch it to the D plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    If you still have the factory cat switch it to the D plate.
    +1 also you will need to go to radio shack and get a 2.2 ohm resistor because the chip does not work on the non power valve motor.

im sorry i also have free flow exhaust pipe too. i also beleave the d plate is also installed im not sure bc i was told it was put on b4 i bought the ski. so if the d plate is installed the cat has been removed? and u got me on this i need to wire a resistor in if the d plate has been installed? could this be causeing my problem? sorry very machanically inclined just havent had my hand in pwcs much!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dmax View Post
    im sorry i also have free flow exhaust pipe too. i also beleave the d plate is also installed im not sure bc i was told it was put on b4 i bought the ski. so if the d plate is installed the cat has been removed? and u got me on this i need to wire a resistor in if the d plate has been installed? could this be causeing my problem? sorry very machanically inclined just havent had my hand in pwcs much!
    If you have a D plate and the exhaust alarm is coming on you have to remove the stock sensor connector or remove the chip sensor they installed and replace it with a 2.2 ohm resistor and install it in the harness connector, That will stop the light from coming on.

thank u ill have to look in to that hopefully ill get some time this week thanks again for the help

Thread Information