seadoo centre ecu

I was looking at purchasing a Les Cooke (seadoo centre ecu) racing ECU for a 2011 RXPX. This is a stock class racing ECU with raised rev limiter calibrated for 42lb injectors. Does anyone have any experience with these and where would I expect to see gains?

Thanks for the help guys!

BTW, my ski have a riva intake grate and a riva cool air kit.

canadian iceman
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by S-351 View Post
    I was looking at purchasing a Les Cooke (seadoo centre ecu) racing ECU for a 2011 RXPX. This is a stock class racing ECU with raised rev limiter calibrated for 42lb injectors. Does anyone have any experience with these and where would I expect to see gains?

I own a few seadoo centre ecu s....you must do a conbination of a few things.....most imortantly you have to lighten the valve train ...at very least ti retainers...so ...retainers, prop, ecu and proper fueling so a rrfpr so you dont blow it up....and then good grade fuel!!!!!....then hang the hell on cause it will smoke your existing setup!!...as reid would say...BETT!!!

All this is needed to run the "stock class ecu" calibrated for the stock 42lb injectors?

canadian iceman
    +1
    You asked about gains....by just installing the ecu you wont get much .....that ecu must rev around the 8600 range to perform correctly... This is my opinion anyway!!

+1

The stock class mapping is adjusted to be run with a 4" air intake, pretty sure Les sets the limiter at 8650 which mans you do need to run a set of his retainers or you will most likely get valve bounce and hit a piston.

Fuel wise his maps have in the past been considered lean, which is good for racing where you are not WOT for long, Les knows his shit and his setups have won many world titles. His re-maps are written with racing in mind. I have never seen or heard of anyone blowing up a stock class boat with one of his maps, the boost is not so high so you can run a bit leaner then you can with bigger boost.

All this said you will love the re-map, it makes a massive difference everywhere in the rev range, you will most likely pick up 200rpm from the map alone, if you add a 4" intake thats another 150. Once your done you will need to tune your prop for what ever rpm you want to run, if your racing, I would turn 8500-8550 if top speed is your aim then you could go up to 8600.

R88

+1
    All this is needed to run the "stock class ecu" calibrated for the stock 42lb injectors?
    No... You do need to upgrade the valvetrain.

You can run it with your mods you have now without issue, they dont use any mods on the fuel system in stock class other then the ECU.

It will make a nice difference on its own, mostly in the mid range, if you tune your prop for correct RPM you will see good gains all over.

The stock prop is also a very good starting point, they take a bit of working but can be made to perform (IMO) better then any aftermarket prop in this type of setup....

R88

Thread Information