Thread: No Spark

No Spark

Hi my name is Rob and I bought a 1990 sea-doo yellow motor jet ski. Anyway I was pretty dumb and took it on the river for testing. I sucked in a bunch of seaweed and overheated. the motor got so hot it melted the temp sensor on the top. Now I get no spark. I took it to a guy off craigslist and he seems to think it is the stator. He did not test or take it apart or anything thats just what he thinks. oh and he did a compresion test and I read fine on that. I think he said 120 a cylinder. I am new to jet skis and only had this a week. I would like some Idea of what it my be it sounds like its going to turn but it don't. thanks

it is "possible" that the magneto coil melted too.. But a quick electricial test would reveal and prove this to ya..

To say for "sure" it is a stator without doing any disassemble or testing is nothing but a "possible" guess...

yea and I paid 100 for that diagnostics!!! I'm just going to get my ski back take apart the magneto and look at it myself I feel pretty dumb because I am new to this stuff and he got me.

could it be the ignition coil?

Coils in the box on top of the battery in a 1990. Easy to bench test. Stator can be tested with out pulling also. Get a service manual on line and go to town.
    Good luck

Thread Information