Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

09 FZS new motor, won't start!!!!!!

Ok, I just rebuilt the motor in an 09 FZS, put it all back together, charged the battery and it has 12.9 volts. Put the lanyard in and....................NOTHING!!! No power no click no ANYTHING!!!!! I double and tripple checked all connections, fuses, you name it and there is not power. Checked the battery cables, continuity on them and the start switch and everything is good. Is there some kind of security thing on this ski or something?? I tried the remote and nothing beeps or lights up on the dash, tested the battery and it has 3.1 volts.........I don't understand what it could be, am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Ok, I just rebuilt the motor in an 09 FZS, put it all back together, charged the battery and it has 12.9 volts. Put the lanyard in and....................NOTHING!!! No power no click no ANYTHING!!!!! I double and tripple checked all connections, fuses, you name it and there is not power. Checked the battery cables, continuity on them and the start switch and everything is good. Is there some kind of security thing on this ski or something?? I tried the remote and nothing beeps or lights up on the dash, tested the battery and it has 3.1 volts.........I don't understand what it could be, am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks
    on the rear of the motor just below the thermostat housing on the right side is 2 connectors where all the grounds plug in make sure they are snapped in tight.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    on the rear of the motor just below the thermostat housing on the right side is 2 connectors where all the grounds plug in make sure they are snapped in tight.
    They were snapped in tight, I removed them and snapped them in again......nothing. Its like there is no power getting past the brain box. I tested all the fuses to make sure they are good BUT I also noted that there is no power to any of them as well, is that right?

+1
    They were snapped in tight, I removed them and snapped them in again......nothing. Its like there is no power getting past the brain box. I tested all the fuses to make sure they are good BUT I also noted that there is no power to any of them as well, is that right?
    Get a test light and clip the ground to one of the valve cover bolts and the other end touch the positive side of the battery and see if the test light lights up it should light up.

+1
    Get a test light and clip the ground to one of the valve cover bolts and the other end touch the positive side of the battery and see if the test light lights up it should light up.
    I did that already and it does.........

+1
    The battery is fully charged, terminals are clean too. Checked continuity from battery ground to the block as well

+1
    I did that already and it does.........
    Are you sure you did not put the starter wire to the battery and the battery wire to the starter i made that mistake once.

+1
    The AFR guage works but that's switched off the battery......

+1
    Are you sure you did not put the starter wire to the battery and the battery wire to the starter i made that mistake once.
    That I am not 100% sure but would it matter? Don't both wires go to some sort of solenoid that when energized just connect the path?

+1
    OH Shit!!!! I bet your right. I just remembered that the boots on the end of the cables are different. The one on the battery right now has a small round opening and the one on the starter was larger like the ground cable..... I think you figured it out

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information