95' SLT750 Resuscitation.......need help

Last ran in 07, has set for 5 years. 47 hours on the ski. No previous problems, ran fine, ski was simply abandoned. Replaced the battery, replaced spark plugs. Getting great spark. Put some new gas in it and attempted to crank, the starter was working hard but it wouldn't turn over. Sounded like some clanking was going on and red light was flashing on dash gauge.

What does the red flashing light mean?

Current plan of action is pulling out the gas tank and emptying all the fuel thats currently in it. Then putting complete fresh fuel and trying to crank it again. Is there any way to drain fuel from the line connecting to the carbs? Where is that line located?

How do I turn over motor by hand to make sure its free and not locked up?

I know there is a lot that needs to be done before its seaworthy, I just want a sign of life that she will run before I put money into her. I pulled the spark arrestor off today and looked down into carb intake and the choke/carb butterfly plates are extremely clean and extremely smooth. Have no idea what inside of carbs look like. I really want to pull carbs and give them a good cleaning but I'm kind of deterred by the whole oil rail thing that could get damaged that needs to be removed so you can remove carbs.

Thanks

Matt

+1
    First things first - There is a black plastic cover at the back of the motor where the drive shaft exits the motor. It is held onto the thru hull bearing and a hose. loosen the hose clamp and remove the cover to access the coupler. You can turn the motor over by hand here. Remove the spark plugs to make it easier. The motor and/or the jet pump could be siezed causing the motor to lock up. You can remove the jet pump to eliminate that as the cause........

Thank you Sir, I will definitely do that. Do they make a Hanes Repair Manual or something similar to it for Polaris Ski's?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzot View Post
    Thank you Sir, I will definitely do that. Do they make a Hanes Repair Manual or something similar to it for Polaris Ski's?
    Clymer makes a manual. But you can find all the information you need here: http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

Thread Information