Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 RXP

+1

2004 RXP

I just bought a 04 RXP with 235 hrs for a pretty good deal. I havent had it on the water because the prop and wear ring were in very poor shape. I just ordered a solas r 14/19 prop and wear ring and a power filter kit. I am not used to the newer seadoos and had a question. When I put the key in, it beeps twice and then 4 times fast over and over. It is low on fuel and the screen says that but not sure if thats the issue. It also says " sensor" and "maint" after I put the key in. Is that normal?? Thanks for any help here. Heres are some pics.

Also what do you think this ski is worth with the double trailer??

+1
    the two beeps means that the proper key is in and you are good to start. The four beeps after just means you have the key in and it is reminding you. The maintenance light comes on at scheduled intervals, usually for an oil change. It can only be turned off by a dealer so I just ignored mine. The sensor is something you need to look into. When it says sensor press the mode button five times and it will give you a code. The ski is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It clearly needs work and has quite a bit of hours so I assume you got it pretty cheap.

I havent really shopped any skis lately but my guess is that your ski and trailer should sell for roughly $4k max depending on overall condition/history of the ski.

My 05 RXP has 235hrs now but still cleans up pretty good since it's only been in fresh water....also I believe for that reason its never had any electrical problems at all.

I'd remove the seadoo decals, put better looking registration numbers on it and have the seat covered by jettrim or equivalent and a quick buff on the paint

+1
    and hydro turf, has the supercharger been rebuilt? metal washers? 4k max

+1
    I'm hoping that u really checked it out good.
    Buying a ski with 200+ hours and not riding it to test it is asking for trouble.
    So I hope you really got a good deal 3k tops.
    Only because you were not able to ride it before buying.
    Hope it works out 4 u.

+1
    Well I gave $2200 for the ski and trailer. I know the engine is good because a friend of mine rode it and he said that it was shout until it started cavatating and that the rev limit would hit 8k. I am very mechnical so if there is any problems, i aint scared!! haha. I just need to learn about seadoo.

The code is a p1517 and also the vts isnt working. I see thats a issue with these. Anyone had any experiences with this??
    Thanks for yalls replies.

+1
    Oh and I already ordered a 14/19 solars prop, wear ring, hydro mat and a riva power filter kit to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggsw784 View Post
    Oh and I already ordered a 14/19 solars prop, wear ring, hydro mat and a riva power filter kit to start with.

Cool, keep us posted on it all You plan to keep the stock charger for now?

The P1517 code is "compass out of range". What has happened is your MPEM has screwed up settings for compass and VTS, and they need to be re-enabled by BUDS at a dealer, or you can buy a Candoopro system and do it yourself.

The settings usually change when the battery has been disconnected for a long period of time. This is very common problem with 2004-2006 skis. It is a software bug in the MPEM as it shouldn't do this. The 2004 RXP does not have a compass, but the settings value in the MPEM currently says it does, so it throws a 1517 fault. It has lost its checkbox for the VTS, so that is why VTS doesn't work. Disable the compass, enable VTS, clear maintenance light, and you should be good to go.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information