PVC Yamaha SUV fishing rack

Since I have been fixing my buddie's and one of my SUVs (with lots of help from people on this forum), I have run short on time to get a proper aluminum tube fishing rack made. Since red snapped season opens tomorrow I threw this rack together with inspiration of 83gator's excellent PWC rack post (IF) built yours as well gator). This is no-where near as elaborate as his rack and ran a paltry $43 to build but I wanted to post it in case someone needs a quick design to get them on the water. I don't think I would use it for trolling for more than 30lb fish or less but believe it will suffice for carrying all the gear and ice you desire. It can (and will) be modified to hold a longer and thinner cooler as well. All of the lengths of pipe and directions can be sent VIA PM if someone wants them (free of course). I have to get going on building one more for this weekend so I'll finish posting the directions later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1131.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	273103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1095.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	273104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1104.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	273105  

Nice, I was thinking of building a rack too, but I ended up with a milk crate and some PVC as the rod holder. I am also thinking of getting rid of the crate and somehow just mount the rod holder. The reason is that, the SUV have nothing but storage, I can even fix a 5gal backet in it as the fish holder. I rather keep the small platform for casting .

Yea, I just noticed this weekend how nice that platform is for casting. We are going to mostly do drop fishing for snapper and hopefully some tuna and ling so the platform isn't a must-have. I did want to try it out like this first before having one built. Then I would be out a ton of money. Also figured out two real good ways to mount the fish finder with PVC. One involves removing the mirrors temporarily but they are hard to use anyway. I just can't wait to fish this weekend!

Thread Information