+1

Bilge pump install on iS models

Has anyone installed a bilge pump on the RXT 260 iS yet. I have a 2011 and am thinking about installing one but it is really tight in there. SeaDoo offers a bilge pump kit and maybe the instructions tell you where to install it but I do not have the instructions and do not want to buy it from SeaDoo unless there is no other choice. SeaDoos kit looks like it uses the Rule pump which has a small base and is probably the best to use for a tight fit situation but the best price I have found for it is $100 plus about $16.00 to ship.

Gentletiger

+1
    Read this thread for some ideas: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79658

Just do it your self it is not hard, then post your install pics for others!

+1
    Thanks jpt. I have read that thread but it does not help much. The iS models have no open bottom space that I have found yet.

Gentletiger

You might want to take a look at the Whale 650 super sub. I am not familiar with the inside of your ski or know if it is feasable for your purpose but I put one in my 2002 gtx and it is working great. Whale also has a in line check valve that I will install next week to prevent water from entering the bilge from the out side and also to hold the prime. I also found a nifty thru hull bilge fitting that has a 45 degree bend down so that you do not spray your swimmer/skier with bilge gunk when they try to board from the water. I forgot where I got it though so a google search will be needed I think the pump was about $60.00

+1
    If you take the rear deck off and take the black storage box out on the left.
    Not the one by the battery.
    Take the box out and you should have room next to the rear pump computers.
    There is room there on my 09 gtx i.s.255.
    Should be the same for u.

+1
    Thanks Edd, I think I have seen the Whale and I believe it had a larger footprint then the round Rule pumps.

Gentletiger

+1
    Thanks wot. Thats the info that I needed. I actually started to do that today to see what it looked like under there, but it wasn't as quick a job as I thought it would be so I stopped to await an answer to to a e-mail I sent to SeaDoo tech about where the best place was to install their bilge pump. I have not ordered SeaDoos kit yet but I may since the price I have found one for is not much more than buying a 500gph Rule pump and the hose and fittings.
    What pump did you use and does it respond to water depth or just cycle every 2 1/2 minutes regardless of whether there is water in the bilge or not.

Gentletiger

Thread Information