Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Thinking of buying a RXT

Looking for some advice on which bike to buy, an RXT or Ultra 250?
    I own an RXP and now want a cruiser for my Dad (riding partner)
    64 Mph
    Close loop (Salt Water Riding)
    Familar with the 4-tech mooding ect
    Already have spares filters, Impeller ect

I would get the washers and Finger Throttle right away.

On the other hand everyone is raving on the Ultra 250
    66 Mph
    Great Rough Water Handling
    Sharp looks

Which one would you guys buy?

RXT

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post

On the other hand everyone is raving on the Ultra 250
    66 Mph
    Great Rough Water Handling
    Sharp looks

Which one would you guys buy?
    no one has ridden the 250x yet to know.....but if you want something you are familiar with then by all means get the new rxt.....p.s. where are you located in antigua? half my family originates from their

+1
    With the 250X you wouldn't have to spend money on metal washers (it doesn't use washers..has an electro magnetic clutch) a finger throttle (comes with one), rear exhaust (has it), lists for $100 less, plus it will undoubtedly out accelerate and have a better top end than the RXT when both are left stock.

On the other side of the coin, no one knows if the Ultra will have any weak spots and what it will cost to correct them.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    On the other side of the coin, no one knows if the Ultra will have any weak spots and what it will cost to correct them.

Richard
    Good point Rich, you at least know what you are getting with the RXT and where the weak spots lie and correct them easily....

Another point to consider is that the price is more negotiable with the RXT since it has been out for 3 years. Like stated a lot on this forum, not many has rode the Ultra 250. As far as how it is put together, I am not impressed, but that wholeshot could put a big smile on my face! I am trying to get an open mind. I am courious on how technical and user friendly it is to work on, it's a tight fit in the engine compartment.

i would like 2 ride a ultra 250 first befor i spend thak kind of money yea there's a lot of nice things being said about them but untill i put my but in the saddle i wouldn't know if its 4 me

and lets talk about the horror stories people are bringing up on the kawi dealers

+1
    The horror stories from Kawi dealers are nothing compared to the horror stories that have been posted about Sd dealers- especially when it comes to Sc failures... there are some good carbon seal stories out there too-

Like buying a brand new ski and having it sink first time out- I know that a couple of those are truth for sure.

+1
    You say close loop for cooling, the ultra 250 is open loop. Both machines should do 64 mph. I say both because I have only seen numbers from dealers for the Ultra 250 and we all know how accurate those are, I have personally got my RXT up to 65 mph (GPS). If you start to compare dealers you will find horrible dealer for both, it all depends on your dealer. The dealer I bought my RXT from I will not take it back to them for any type of work.

When I was out searching a ski I was only looking at Sea Doo, Honda, and Yamaha. I did not even consider Kawasaki because I owned a few of their dirt bikes and hated all them. The Kawi dealer were f**king idiots, all what they cared about was the sale, all the parts I had to order were special order, even the spark plug was special order item. The last straw for me was when I blew out a fork seal, the dealer told me quote "the forks have to be replaced as complete unit they are not rebuildable." Between the 3 I choosed, I did not Honda because because they were the least powerful, but I perfer Honda's reliablity over the rest. Yamaha's sport machine was only a 2 stroke, I wanted a 4 stroke, but I am now looking at the GP1300R for another ski. The Sea Doo had the most power and I have owned a Sea Doo XP before and it was a very good machine. So Sea Doo it was.

I personaly like the styling of the RXT better than the Ultra 250. I did not find out about the SC washers until after I got my RXT. Would I have chosen a different machine knowing what I do now? No, a $150 for the metal washer that will fix the Sea Doo problem is little money, compared to the first year Ultra 250. Who knows what kind of problems Kawasaki will have when people start to mod the Ultra 250.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information