xrt1200 starting/running issues

new to greenhulk,hope someone can help.ran myxr1800 early last month twice ran great.took out again,launched started and realized cleanout plugs were out when i had low power.put them in, idled out of no wake zone,powered up and the port engine stalled.could not get it to start right away,but after 20 minutes it started,but only idled.can't throttle up it stalls.then shortly after i had no spark.limped back to dock on other engine.took home and removed electrical box only to find 1.5 inches of water in.dried out cleaned all contacts and greased.put in new starter relay.started at home,took to lake,started-idled-powered up ran great for 20 min. anchored for 2hours[started 2-3 times to relocate] we started, idling out of swimmers cove port engine stalled.tried to restart and had nothing.acted like an engine kill switch.exchanged all kill switches with other engine, they are all okay.took off starter it ok.switched cdi to other engine its ok.i don't know what.could it be the stator,are there inline fuses hidden somewhere?i'm very frustrated.plz help. thx

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny p View Post
    new to greenhulk,hope someone can help.ran myxr1800 early last month twice ran great.took out again,launched started and realized cleanout plugs were out when i had low power.put them in, idled out of no wake zone,powered up and the port engine stalled.could not get it to start right away,but after 20 minutes it started,but only idled.can't throttle up it stalls.then shortly after i had no spark.limped back to dock on other engine.took home and removed electrical box only to find 1.5 inches of water in.dried out cleaned all contacts and greased.put in new starter relay.started at home,took to lake,started-idled-powered up ran great for 20 min. anchored for 2hours[started 2-3 times to relocate] we started, idling out of swimmers cove port engine stalled.tried to restart and had nothing.acted like an engine kill switch.exchanged all kill switches with other engine, they are all okay.took off starter it ok.switched cdi to other engine its ok.i don't know what.could it be the stator,are there inline fuses hidden somewhere?i'm very frustrated.plz help. thx
    remove the screw on cap on the electrical box and check all fuses, If they are all good take out the electrical box and have someone hit the start button and with a test light see if you are getting power to the little brown wire to the solenoid relay. if you are then take a jumper and jump out the battery wire and the starter wire on the solenoid and see if the engine turn over if it does you have a bad starter relay. I have seen many new ones go bad especially if they are aftermarket.

tried that.did not have power at brown. tested brown wire out of the ignition switch to where it entered the electrcal box and did not have continuity so we spliced into brn wire at ign switch and ran it back into electrical and spliced it to the brown coupling coming off the relay.starter turns over when key turned but no spark.i'm not sure if due to our splice the cdi is getting power........?

Thread Information