Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

yo, how many of you goons premix?

just curious as to how many of you guys with 787`s and 717`s are running premix...thanks...PR...

+1
    I premix 40:1 with my 717 Xp

+1
    Goons. Thanks. Lol. IDE stay with the pumps on the boat. Large fuel tank to mix premix well-especially if your on the water and need to refuel. I can't remember ever building a rotax from a pump failure. If you decide to go premix read up on it first. You need to keep the oil tanks to keep the rotary valves oiled. You can remove the tanks and route the lines together to seal off the rotary area, but on a rec ski(boat) if you leave the tank on you can keep an eye on the level of oil in the tank and be forewarned if you ever have a leak down low.

+1
    40:1 here

Quote Originally Posted by porschemaniac View Post
    Goons. Thanks. Lol. IDE stay with the pumps on the boat. Large fuel tank to mix premix well-especially if your on the water and need to refuel. I can't remember ever building a rotax from a pump failure. If you decide to go premix read up on it first. You need to keep the oil tanks to keep the rotary valves oiled. You can remove the tanks and route the lines together to seal off the rotary area, but on a rec ski(boat) if you leave the tank on you can keep an eye on the level of oil in the tank and be forewarned if you ever have a leak down low.
    Hi Karl, I am just amazed at how shitty the seapoo coupler to oil pump is... dayum... The plastic loosely fits over the nut on the flywheel, maybe these are worn down, I`ll have to inspect further... well everything is 14 years old, and didn`t like what I saw, which means more $$$ if I were to change the filters and lines and cables and pumps... this project just doesnt end...

yes, there are several ways, most people loop the line from fitting to fitting while others keep the tank...
    still undecided...

Fits loosely - yes..
    Broken splines - no...

+1
    A friend of mine had a problem with is 717, 95 XP. He said it just shutdown on him, it would restart a stop again. The oil line disintegrated. I touched the oil line and it crumbled everywhere I touched it. This was back when seadoo painted the motor after all the lines were installed. I wonder if the paint ate into the oil line?

Seadoo uses USCG Approved type B1 fuel line - it has a 3 year life expectancy...

The oil injector lines should be replaced with 3/32 tygon fuel line (most power equipment shops sell it by the foot)

I would leave the oil system intact, as it works as intended, uses less 2-stroke oil and it is a very simple hassle free system..

The injector system adjusts oil volume based on throttle position and offers a failsafe in case of cable breakage..

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    The system works great, so I keep it. No premix to worry about.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy89 View Post
    The system works great, so I keep it. No premix to worry about.
    +1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information