Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Resident Coffee Addict Oshawapilot's Avatar
    +1

Injector line replacement options (silicone, vinyl....?)

Rebuilding my GP1200 after loosing an injector line...same old story, stupid attachment methods Yamaha used.

Anyhow, I want to replace all the lines, but fittment seems to be the issue as it appears to be a bit of an oddball size - 7MM I'm thinking?

Anyone have any suggestions on where I could find off-the-shelf replacements, and what is good to use, and what's not? Vinyl? Silicone? Tygon?

I was thinking of using radio control (RC) silicone fuel line as the stuff is super flexible and is available in a bunch of sizes that will surely fit, but I can't seem to find a lot of references to it's use for oil injection, and whether or not it is safe to use with injector oil, specifically synthetics.

I also have to find a better way to secure the lines as the ziptie method is just plain stupid and has (based on what I've read around here) has caused plenty of premature engine deaths.

Any thoughts and info appreciated!

+1
    Thanks. So polyurethane is good, noted.

If I lived south of the border ordering it online and getting it ASAP would be simple, but at this point it's just not an option for me - I'd be lucky to have it by the end of next week ordering it from the USA given as how I'm in Canada, and I really need it before then. I'm confident I can find something up here that will work, just making sure I don't end up putting something on it that isn't compatible with injector oil and ends up breaking down internally and costing me another rebuild.

I found a few references to guys using my earlier thought on silicone RC fuel line with great success so I might opt that way. It's also available in Tygon vs Silicone, which also seems to be compatible.

+1
    2003 and up gpr's ues a small metal band to hold the inj. oil line on Oem part works good, I like Tygon line best for inj. line, oem part # 90468-02001-00 band clip Tommy Jordan

+1
    Thanks - I'll call and add 12 of those clips to my order tomorrow - 3 for the FA hookups, 2 each line for the check valves, and 3 at the pump itself.

I'm pretty sure I can get the proper sized Tygon line at the local RC store (as mentioned) so I should be good there.

+1
    Be sure to get the check valves in the correct way. I also run the ski on pre mix gas/oil for the first ride to be sure the oil pump and lines work fine and all the air bubbles are bled out of the oil system. then i remove the air filters run the ski on a flush hose and watch the oil flow into each carb just to be sure it is working ok, Good Luck Tommy Jordan

+1
    I have to double check if the check valves are directionally marked, or take particular care when swapping them.

I'll be running premix for the first tank for sure with the injection system disconnected - I have Amsoil synthetic in the injector tank and I don't want to break in new rings on synthetic.

I might temporarily rig the injection lines to just feed into a storage bottle during the premix runs just to ensure its pumping properly - it'd be a great visual confirmation.

+1
    I buy fuel rated Tygon line on McMaster.com

"I buy fuel rated Tygon line on McMaster.com"

Same here!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    I buy fuel rated Tygon line on McMaster.com
    Unfortunately McMaster Carr won't sell to consumers in Canada, nor ship to Canadians from the USA.

It's incredibly ironic since the company I work for is one of the core carriers for McMaster in Canada. They DO have a Canadian presence, and I haul and deliver the stuff on an almost daily basis, but they will not sell to anything except businesses up here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information