Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question 2000 Seadoo RX - Gas? Bog?

Hey guys, just wondering what sort of gas i should be using in this thing. Manual calls for regular unleaded, but does that account for the ethanol they put in gas...? Really not wanting to spend an extra 20 cents a litre for gas... But if it saves the ski from destruction then i might as well.

Another quesiton I have is this thing seems to have a low power-range spot where it wants to bog out, but only on the first run, then its fine. The carb in it was just cleaned, so am I just not warming it up long enough? I suspect that would be the cause, since dealer did a water test on it when it went in and said it was strong.

Thanks

Lovin the support guys, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by usrockband View Post
    Lovin the support guys, thanks.
    No problem!

In all seriousness. They will run fine on 93 from any pump... As far as flat spot. Without a video of some sort a bit hard to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtuned View Post
    No problem!

In all seriousness. They will run fine on 93 from any pump... As far as flat spot. Without a video of some sort a bit hard to help you!
    Hahaha, thanks. I'm new to PWC's, this one being my first. I took a look at the manual and it said "regular unleaded with up to 10% acohol (ethanol or methanol)" is recommended... strange, I assumed it would be the 93+. I'll be keeping an eye on my fuel lines.

I'll try and get a video up. Basically what happens is she starts up and idles like a dream. However the first time getting into plane, there is a range in the low power on the way up where it wants to bog out, but if you let off a bit then back on it gets up and goes no problem. After riding for a bit the problem seems to dissapear, which is why I'm assuming it's just a matter of me not warming it up properly. Also just had the carb cleaned and tuned by the local Seadoo dealer. Pressure in both cylinders is 150psi.

Another question about these things... Im more familiar with dirtbikes and changing transmission oil all the time. Is there any transmission in the engine that needs oil changing every now and then? Or is this something totally different... Couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

Thanks for the help

+1
    The jetpump has an oil filling bolt for maintenance service. Should be checked betwen services. As soon as you can replace the gray fuel lines.
    As for the bog you are running the stock air box or aftermarket filters?

+1
    If you have gray fuel lines, they are badly affected by the enthanol in fuel and can clog your carb filters and jets causing a lean condition that can lead to engine siezure due to high temps and detonation. Very common. Replace them now if you have them. Warm up is a good idea and should only take one minute. If the manual says regular unleaded, you will be fine using it. Unmodified 2-stroke skis are fairly low compression. You need high octane for high compression.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk36 View Post
    If you have gray fuel lines, they are badly affected by the enthanol in fuel and can clog your carb filters and jets causing a lean condition that can lead to engine siezure due to high temps and detonation. Very common. Replace them now if you have them. Warm up is a good idea and should only take one minute. If the manual says regular unleaded, you will be fine using it. Unmodified 2-stroke skis are fairly low compression. You need high octane for high compression.
    The machine actually just went in for service, carb was cleaned and tuned by dealer. Carb filters were clogged but were cleaned by dealer. Machine went in after the flashing "MAINT" sign came on. Are these "tempo" fuel lines just grey? Or is there any way to tell if they're the bad ones? Ill change them out if I can figure out if they're the bad ones.

If they are, are there any fuel line brands recomended? Or will anything work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndinoWatercraft View Post
    The jetpump has an oil filling bolt for maintenance service. Should be checked betwen services. As soon as you can replace the gray fuel lines.
    As for the bog you are running the stock air box or aftermarket filters?
    Everything is stock, will look into the fuel lines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0285.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	273544

Got some nice TEMPO lines in there.... However I spoke to the dealer over the phone and they said when they went through the machine when it was there (last weekend) they cleaned out the carb filters and tuned it, did a water test and everything seemed fine. My bogging in the low end just must be not warming it up for long enough.

They also told me that these Tempo lines would only be replaced by new tempo lines if I had them replace the fuel lines, but that when they went through the machine and did the water test there didn't seem to be a noticeable problem with them. These lines look pretty new as well, not much wear (from the outside atleast). However they did tell me that I should be running premium gas through (which i'm really not interested in doing, for here in Canada its just too pricey for me).

The big question is if I change these fuel lines with something else, what type of lines should the new ones be? Any good make/brand? How much would you need? I wanna be able to run regular without worrying about ethanol clogging them up.

Keep in mind the manual recommends regular fuel with up to 10% alcohol (ethanol or methanol).

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information